New Pool - Praise and Questions

focalboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
Illinois
Well my pool is functional after 2 16 hour days trenching the electric and backfilling around the pool. The PB had to fix a leak at the union from the filter last night, but my AquaCal brought my temps up 10 degrees in about 13 hours (it got down to 60 degrees last night). I'm impressed. My salt is right at 3000ppm after adding another 12 lbs. My CYA is still low, but it takes awhile to dissolve. PH at 7.2. I think I am getting the hang of this, thanks to this forum.

Question #1. How long should it take for me to see a measurable increase in FC? The pump is running 24/7 for now, Auto Pilot is level 1/50%.

Question #2. The bottom of the pool does not feel very flat, it seems rather wavy. The PB said it take some time for the sand to compress. Can I expect the bottom to level out, or is this just the way it is?

Mark

Until your CYA level comes up the SWG isn't going to be able to hold any chlorine level during the day. You should be able to see a chlorine level first thing in the morning, but then it will tend to go away during the day. You should probably supliment the chlorine level with bleach in the early evening until you can hold a level through the day.

Thanks Jason. I have increased my CYA from 20 to 50. I have added a little more to get to my target of 60. I now have FC here are my results from earlier today using my Taylor kits.

FC = 4.4
CC = 0
PH = 7.6
TA = 310
CYA = 50
CH = 210
Salt = 3400 (Auto pilot reads 3100)
water temp 84 degrees.

The pool bottom seems to be leveling out. Maybe no need to worry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.