CM601 Error Codes 170 and 191

Aug 4, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Couldn't find these in the manual nor by searching the forums.

The previous owner told me he would get these errors often and was related to a poor connection between the front and back circuit boards. He was right... the alarm goes off a couple times a week.

Does anyone know what these codes actually translate to?

I apologize, I can't find my cm601 manual. However, the codes are as follows:

170-Front board service condition indicated and is usually caused by low AC voltage from back board -check transformer and back board voltages.

191-High cell current and cell voltage below 19V (generates 170 code front board service)

If i remember correctly, Check DC cell voltage, if it is greater than 19 VDC, Check cell and cell cord, clean the cell if needed, reinstall cell and restart unit, if 170 and 191 codes reappear, replace front board. And i forget what to do if DC cell voltage is below 19 VDC. Maybe someone else can jump in here and help you.

Thanks Pool Clown. I have my CM601 manual but these codes weren't in there.

I've been itchinig to pull the cell out for inspection since I purchased the home last month, so it looks like this weekend, I'll grab my trust voltmeter and spend some quality time with the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.