Heater problem, won't heat past 95 degrees

Feb 26, 2018
Seattle/WA
South Seas Spas hot tub. Around 300 gallons. Have had the spa for abut 6 years. Current problem. For the past week the GFI has been tripping on a random basis. I started turning off the main breaker. Then turning back on a few hours before I wanted to use the tub. That has morphed into a different problem. The GFI has stopped tripping but the hot tub won't heat past 95 degrees. Temp is set to 102 degrees. I just want to confirm that it sounds like I need to replace the heater. I have had tubs in the past where the heater failed. But when it did, it didn't heat at all. This seems a little strange.

Thanks,
Brian

Still working on the problem. Both pumps running eventually trips the GFI. If I run only the pump cycling through the heater the tub will stay on. But, still having the problem of getting the temp over 95 degrees. Checked the voltage between ground and both of the connections on the heater. Both are approx 120 degrees. So likely not the heater. Could it be a temp sensor?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.