Best Way to Add MA

dfiletti

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
Thornton, PA
Folks-

I just got my plaster re-polished, and it's smooth as can be. Happiness and light... (or as much as is possible -I guess) So I get thinking about how to keep it that way. I want to do my best to prevent etching. The etching was worst in the deep end, by the skimmer, which tells me that the the acid start up, had the (presumably) heavier/ more dense acid sitting on the low part of the pool, eating away my plaster....

So I'm now at the point were I use a 5 gallon jerry-can of MA and every three days or so I add about a third of it. I usually ad it from one place -because the 5 gallon can is not light. I'm wondering whether there is a better way to diffuse the acid so it mixes better with the water, and therefore does not sit against my plaster.

Should I dilute it first? Add it to a 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons already in?

Is there some other sort of a diffuser device I can use/ make?

Should I add it to the pool in more than one spot?

I gather that the in-line systems are pricey, and I worry about injecting acid into my plumbing -sound like a formula for decay/ leaks to me...

So what should I do, be doing?

Input would be very useful.

Thanks,

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.