Solar heater- roof mount ??

I think it works pretty good. I only get sun from about 9 until about 2 or 3 on the panels. My water stays upper 80's. Normally I'd be lower 80's. Most folks in full sun in central Alabama would be low 90's unassisted, so a 10 deg difference due to my trees is a big deal.

So you gained about 8 degrees with 3 panels....great! I am getting 4 and I get full sun from 8am to about 3pm. MAybe I'll get 10. I am in NJ and my pool stays about 78 unless we get in the 90's then it gets to 80-81. I would like it at 86-88.
Thanks for the reply!

Keep in mind that my normal high in the summer is probably 90-96 and normal low is probably 70-74. You're getting lots more sunlight than me though.

JohnT on this board lives in central Indiana and has about the same 25% coverage that I do and his water gets to the 90's when he covers the pool at night. I don't cover my pool. We had a mild week a couple weeks back. I covered the pool, we got about 1.5-2" of rain and I still held 85 degrees with half a day of sun on a Sat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.