Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi All,

First I have had it with Leslies Pools. I have been testing my Chlorine and PH myself and supplementing that with Leslies. Never again. I got my TFT-100 and magnetic stirrer (had to order that it just sounded too cool). I have noticed over time that my PH keep rising.

FC 6.5
CC .5
PH 8.2
TA 100
CH 550. Leslies said it was 280
CYA 40. Leslies said it was 65

This gave me a CSI of .77 which freaked me out. I added about 1/3 gallon of MA and got the PH down to 7.5 which got my CSI down to .08 which is more reasonable.

On Monday of this week my PH was also 8.2 so I added 1/3 of a gallon of MA and it just climbed up again.

My plan is to clean my filter this weekend, and then add some more CYA to get that up to 70. I guess at the current levels I should lower the setting on the SWG a little.

Any other suggestions? Specifically what can I do about my PH?

Dude,

Are you continually running your spa spillover? Aeration caused by the spillover is what we use when we want to increase pH..

Keep adding MA... you are good as long at your TA does not fall below 50.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Your pH is going to climb. You have triple digit TA, a SWG, and a spa. Any of those three would do it, and you have all three. I suspect part of the problem is that Leslies was always good about telling you to add acid, and then next week add some Alkalinity increaser and so on and so on and so on. Just keep maintaining the pH and TA should come down a little every time and at some point, the pH rise will slow down.

I turned off the Spa spillover a few weeks ago to avoid the aeration. No Cal-Hypo. Just the SWG and adding liquid Chlorine whenever we get a big rain and the FC drops. The CH should start coming down this summer as we get our big rains and the pool drains a little from that.

I will just keep adding MA, now that I can trust my test results and can put them into the pool math app I feel better already. Is twice a week enough for the testing and MA or do I have to try to get that done more frequently?

So yes, the pool was replastered almost exactly a year ago. I also forgot to mention I have a SolarBreeze NX that probably contributes to my aeration.

I have updated my signature, will go back an increase the precision on that.

I am just soooo mad a Leslies. I used to go there religiously see the guy use the same tools I now have, and give me completely inaccurate results. It just seems like pool malpractice to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.