LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here are numbers from about 10 minutes ago.

FC 1.4 (low, today is my 'add' day)
CC 0.0
Ph 7.6
TA 90
CH 70 (low - this number has been dropping)
CYA 40

I've somehow lost the shimmering sparkle. Borates - which I don't know much about - would help, yes or no???
We've had lots of rain lately too.

Hope everyone's summer is going great !! :-D !!

Rangerman,

My bet is if you bring your FC level up to about 15-18ppm and let it drift down of it's own accord, your pool will sparkle again. It sounds like your letting your chlorine slip below 3ppm and I believe you have some organics growing in the pool. Shocking will kill them. (I see your CC's are zero....I'm still suggesting to shock)

Recheck your testing method on Calcium Hardness. Once in the pool, calcium is a permanent guest....you should see no drop in your Calcium tests.

Just to throw another observation in to the mix, I've noticed that I tend to lose that crisp liquid glass sparkle when my PH gets to 7.6 or above. I noticed it today, tested PH, it was 7.6. I just hit it with acid.

Hi there,

I've also noticed that when my Ph raises to 7.7 or higher I start to get a little cloudy. But letting the chlorine drop that close that low I don't think you could go wrong with a shock.

good luck,

dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.