Newbie asking for help with chemicals

Mar 13, 2017
Peoria AZ
Hello!

I've had this pool for a year using cheap test strips and chlorine tabs from Walmart . It started turning cloudy and I remembered this forum. I ordered the K-2006 kit and my chlorine and CYA levels were off the charts. From the little I read here I decided to dump the pool. There was a few inches left that wouldn't drain. Yesterday I filled it up and here are my test results this AM.

I did use the pool math table but I'm really afraid to proceed and would appreciate advice on what to do next.

Thank you!

FC 1.4
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 130
CH 120
CYA 40
temp 77

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: So here's a good starting list for you based on those numbers:
1 - Increase FC right away with regular bleach. Get it back up to around 5 as soon as you can. Never let it drop below 3 (algae).

THAT'S IT! How easy was that? Actually, you're pool is just over what we categorize as a seasonal pool in which case we would just say "dump it" if it got cloudy or green with algae. But you have a K-2006 so that's good. As the temps increase there in the valley, you might find the need to increase CYA more to 50 or so to help preserve that precious chlorine (FC). If you do increase the CYA later, make sure to go back to the Chlorine/CYA Chart (link below) and increase the FC amount accordingly. Always keep those two balanced together as noted on the chart. Never go below the minimum for your current CYA. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.