Pump Settings

Apr 17, 2018
overland park, ks
After reading a lot on the forum I decreased my pump settings to 1500 rpm (I dont have a flow meter installed). I choose this setting because I could feel the skimmer suction and figured it was moving water. I have a Intelliflo 2 VS. I have been running this 20 hours then I turn it up to 2400 for 4 hours while the cleaners are running on a different pump.

The question I have is that the pool company came out today and said that the pool filter needs to be running at 2700 to get good water flow. When I turn it up this high there is significant movement at the skimmers and great flow. Do I need to run the pump this high to maintain a great pool or can I get by with low settings for the majority of the time? Do I need a flow meter and if so any recommendations and installation tips?

Thanks

E,

Total.. how shall I put it?? Baloney!!! I run my pump at 1200 rpm, most of the time, and it works perfect for me.. Now, all pools are a little different, but there is no way that you "need" to run at 2700 rpm.

Sounds to me like your pool guy believe in the old Turn-Over myth that says you must turnover your pool water x times a day... It is just not true... Chemicals keep your pool water clear and sanitized... Your filter just removes floating debris...

You do not need a flow meter... What would you use it for???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.