33 foot Paragon pool and liner

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
HI all,

well it's been a week long battle, but I had my yard graded and leveled and screenings brought in and compacted, and now my wife, kids and I got the wall retainer ring up, wall itself and the vertical beams..next is the liner.

So here's my question. I bought this pool used, (It's 2 years old) and the liner is a 33 foot round expandable liner 25g vinyl. My question is how the best way would be to reline up the skimmer and return holes and get the liner put back into the pool to start filling? SHould I reuse this liner? Since it was originally installed with a depth of 6 feet in the middle, I am installing it at a depth of only 52 inches all the way throughtout the pool area, since my kids are small. Since this has extra material for that depth, will it be fairly easy to reinstall this overlap liner?

I've heard both supporting and conflicting stories about reusing a pool liner.

Any help would be great.

Dan
:?:

Hi, Dan,

Whether you can reuse the liner or not depends on several things: Was the pool properly maintained? How long has the liner been out? Where was it stored?

But most importantly, are you willing to do the work twice if the first one fails quickly?

Most people just replace them, so the issue of realignment is moot.

I would not reuse that liner. My main reason other than already holding water and having a bear of a time lining it up <impossible> is that you would have to patch a very big hole and in my opinion would be ugly. Yes, I said it. UGLY.

Go buy a new liner. That's what it needs.

I agree about the new liner.

It's amazing how "brittle" they get when they get dry. The difference between my 2 year old liner that was removed a few months back and the new liner that I installed was like night and day. The old liner, (while in good shape), was noticably "stiffer". The new liner was way more pliable, and had much more elasticity to it. It think once the water is removed, they really tend to dry up. I'd go with the new one.

OK...I'll go with a new liner then...Now my next question..should I hire someone to install the new liner, or can I do it myself as a newbie? This is a LARGE pool...33' round and 52" deep. I had a heck of a time just setting up the bottom rail and walls..man they were heavy..it took me, my wife, and 3 kids to hold, unroll and insert the walls into the bottom rail. We just got done bolting the two wall halves together tonight. Each wall have takes 24 bolts. YIKES!! But at least it's up now and ready for the liner.

Dan

Get a couple of friends in and go for it yourselves. I wouldn't pay anyone to install my liner. A round is easier than an oval and I just didn't think it was that hard when we followed instructions. Offer them a bbq and beverage, along with a good swim when it's ready. We did it with 2 adults and a child.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.