Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
My wife and I were out picking oranges in the backyard and came across this morphed citrus...

41612070541_862d3ce37a_z.jpg

The orange on top was placed for reference. I've never seen anything like before. I estimated the measurement at 9" in diameter and went inside to research the world record. Turns out it the Guiness world record for an orange is 25" set in 2006. I measured ours at 25.5" and I'm not even sure I got the widest point. I cut myself up pretty good on the thorns so not going back in real soon. The thing is still green and growing, so we'll see how big it gets.

Just thought I would share. Unfortunately, there is no prize money for setting world record so no fame and fortune.

FWIW,

Mike.

Please observe your wife and neighbors very carefully over the next few days for any type of strange behavior. I've seen this kind of thing before...

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 7.25.34 PM.jpg

Look closely at where it's growing. If it's not on the same branch as that oramge, it's a Citron. Citron is the primitive citrus fruit from which the rest developed, and they use the root stock and graft onto it. If the roots sent out a citron branch, cut it off, or else it will take over the tree, and Citron is mostly rind and pretty tasteless.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Look closely at where it's growing. If it's not on the same branch as that oramge, it's a Citron. Citron is the primitive citrus fruit from which the rest developed, and they use the root stock and graft onto it. If the roots sent out a citron branch, cut it off, or else it will take over the tree, and Citron is mostly rind and pretty tasteless.

Ha, so I was right. It is a body snatcher!!

Thanks Richard. But for the purposes of the world record, let's keep that on the down-low:eek:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.