Hayward Aquarite t-15 -versus- Jandy TruClear SWG's

Jan 27, 2018
Mobile, Al
Hello All,

Out of the two systems listed which one would you favor and why? I currently have the Hayward system installed but I am considering replacing it with the Jandy which I also have. I am leaning toward the Jandy for various reasons.

1. The Jandy states that it is compatible with VS pumps. Note: I am about to replace my single speed pump with a Jandy FloPro VS.

2. The Jandy is supposed to be a simple system and easy to maintain.

3. This website states that the Jandy has "Clear Cell" and "Plug in Option". I am not sure exactly what that means though?

4. The Jandy cells are supposed to be quite a bit more affordable.

The Hayward can produce more chlorine within a 24 hr period but I'm not sure if that is a critical feature?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Ralph

I would stay with the Hayward for the amount of FC it can produce in a day compared to the Jandy unit.

They will both be equal on how to maintain them. The Hayward is a lot easier to diagnose what is wrong if anything goes wrong.

They should both use the same power source that is on the VS pump.

The Jandy cells are cheaper because they will not last as long as a T-15 sized cell.

There will not be any modifications to the plumbing for the Hayward since it is already installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.