Rplacing floating power cord on pool rover Jr.

jakee

Aug 14, 2009
I bought a used unit and it did a great job. It stopped picking up leaves and long story short I wound up sending it for a repair and it needed a new motor. I got it back and it was acting like it had a loose connection. They made me pay to send it back (!) and said they would pay the return if it was their error which it turned out it was. Several months have gone by and now the same thing is happening. I can wiggle the unit or the cable and have it start and stop up. I am tempted to take it out and repair it myself but have not been able to find anything on the internet telling me how to go about it. Does anyone out there no how and could they give me detailed directions? Thanks! :hammer:

It is something that needs to be done at the factory or possibly by one of their top tier repair centers. The reason for this is the safety issue of the cord being under water. I would also imagine it has to do with the product keeping the UL listing. If they allow customers to do it on their own it could cause problems for their UL listing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.