Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Expandable liner how to question

1. Back To Top    #1

Expandable liner how to question

Hi Guys,

My husband and I are getting ready to install a Delair 18x33 ft oval. We have decided to go with an expandable liner. Any ideas on where I may find some dig specs (or even detailed instructions will do) for the deep end? I don't want to screw this up. We would prefer to start a slope just past the middle and slowly move down to our 6 ft depth stopping within 2 ft of the pool wall. We would like to leave the outer 2 ft of the perimeter level for volleyball. Has anyone done this type of ABP before? I am afraid if we go with this plan, we may run out of liner when we start filling. I have seen the pics on Arthurs.com, but no detailed instructions.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. We have a 6 year old and a 12 year old that are growing impatient.
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Expandable liner how to question

Did mine just as you described but with a 1 ft ledge.
    Used the pier block method from Arthur's for the buttresses where I removed the cross straps. http://www.arthurspools.com/exliner.htm
    Gigantic PITA but it works.
    Also used (roughly) the dimensions from here: http://www.arthurspools.com/pools/exline1.jpg You'll have to enlarge to view the dim's.
    Get a bunch of sandbags so you can hold down the liner on the ledge until you have the deep end filled plus a foot. And I mean about 1 bag every 2 ft.
    Don't worry about running out of liner, plenty of stretch.
    PM me if you want talk.
    Stupid Pool

3. Back To Top    #3

While there is a lot of stretch in the liner, you can actually pull too much toward the deep end and end up short on the shallow end - which is what our installer ended up doing with our pool. Luckily, he still had just enough to fold over.
    32x16 buried Doughboy, 4' shallow - 7' deep
    Pentair Dynamo 1 hp, 2-speed - Pentair 150# SD40 w/zeolite (75#)
    One skimmer/two returns/Aquabot Turbo T2

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry, fogot to mention you are going to need sandbags to hold the shallow end of the liner in place too as you fill/stretch the deep end.
    Stupid Pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Here are alternate instructions for oval AGP deep end - this is for a buttressfree model, I think the Arthur's version is for the buttress/braced models. http://www.propools.com/instructions...aldeepswim.pdf

We will be using this method when we move our pool as we have a buttressfree model - we have a high water table where it is right now so have to wait until we move it to our farmyard to go deep.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank guy's for all your advice. We will be bustress free too....seemed like a "no brainer" decision since we plan to excavate. Plus it would be less to bolt together and that works well for the man of the house.
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried