Weird Things On Water Surface

gmike09

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
I have slammed the pool, and the pool water chemistry is currently balanced. Running the pool pump, and pulling from the skimmer pool seems to put a small dent removing this stuff. I am not sure exactly where to ask this question, but can anyone identify this clear-ish stuff floating on the pool surface?

20180420_164129.jpg20180420_164039.jpg

Pollen (if you're talking about the scattered white dots) and flowering trees most likely.

Thanks woodyp. That very well could be pollen as today is windy and the pollen count is also high. For some reason I thought the pollen would be greener. Outside of running the pool pump and allowing the skimmer to pick up the pollen which could take a while, do you know of another way of quickly getting the pollen off the pool surface?

It's almost a waste of time to try and skim it off. Aim a return jet a bit higher and it'll move what's on the surface around quicker. Panty hose/skimmer socks/spun hair nets are your filter's friend too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.