What to use to gather test sample

crewchief47

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2008
Windsor, ON
split to new topic by Moderator - MikeInTN

frustratedpoolmom said:
rinse with tap, wipe with paper towel (FAS-DPD vial). Rinse with pool water before performing test.

OTO/PH air dry.

This is eerily similar to my process. Do you bring a plastic beer cup of pool water into the house to do your testing too??? :)

Re: Cleaning testing vials

crewchief47 said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
rinse with tap, wipe with paper towel (FAS-DPD vial). Rinse with pool water before performing test.

OTO/PH air dry.

This is eerily similar to my process. Do you bring a plastic beer cup of pool water into the house to do your testing too??? :)

It's a kiddie cup from Famous Dave's BBQ.... :mrgreen:

frustratedpoolmom said:
crewchief47 said:
frustratedpoolmom said:

OTO/PH air dry.

It's a kiddie cup from Famous Dave's BBQ.... :mrgreen:

Big Subway cup for me. I use a 4 ft section of 1/2" pvc to collect the water from about 18" below the surface so I don't have to bend over much. :cool:

I use a 4 ft section of 1/2" pvc to collect the water from about 18" below the surface so I don't have to bend over much.
That is an excellent tip. I have had 1/2" pvc laying all around for years and I've never thought of that. My tired old knees thank you. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Macrosill said:
FSI_C-12IP said:
Big Subway cup for me. I use a 4 ft section of 1/2" pvc to collect the water from about 18" below the surface so I don't have to bend over much. :cool:

Can you be more specific about how you utilize the pvc to get the water sample?

Hold your palm tightly over one end and stick the pvc down into the water about 18" or so. Then take your hand off to let the water in and recap the pvc with your palm to hold it in. Oh, did I mention to set your sample cup close to the edge of the pool first? Sorry, do that and when you withdraw the pvc from the pool, you release the water into the cup. Kind of like playing with your soda with a straw!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.