Adding stabilizer

Jul 1, 2009
We need to add stabilizer but, following the directions on the container is difficult. It says to add to the skimmer with the pump running. I will assume that most skimmers lead to the filter. Our plumbing is constructed different.

Pump one: Skimmer to pump to PCC2000 Valve to infloor cleaner rotating jets.
Pump two: Main drain to debris basket to pump to filter to 3 wall returns (downjets) and two fixed infloor jets.

Question is: Where is the best place to add stabilizer?

Right now, I am thinking of adding it to the debris basket to flow to the filter.

Looking for advice or opinions. Thanks!

I would put the stabilizer in a sock or stocking and put that in the skimmer. By the time it gets out of the sock it will either be dissolved or in particles small enough to pass through the system without problems.

I know what you are thinking. "A sock?" :shock: Yes, a tube sock, gym sock, old dress sock, any will do. :wink:

Put the CYA in it and tie a knot, then you set it to the side in the skimmer so it doesn't block the flow of water.

The other option is to tie it off with a string in front of the return flow of water. Whichever place the flow is stronger so it will dissolve quicker. Then you don't retest for it for 5-7 days as it takes that long to register on tests. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.