Pinch me please....I'm finally getting my own pool...My Dream pool!

Anyone have any thoughts on Glass mosaic waterline tile vs. 6" x 6" standard tile. I love the look of the glass, Pool Builder says it is more upkeep. difficult to keep clean and may need repairs in a couple of years?

- - - Updated - - -

Who is Kim?

WOW! Just WOW! That is one amazingly beautiful pool. It's hard living in pricey SoCal where all we can afford is a tiny little yard and therefore an equally small pool and then see a pic like that with that amazing pool set up in that amazing yard.

Like you I've wanted a pool all my life. Used to beg my dad to put one in our Georgia yard when I was a teenager (Macon boy here), but never could get him to do it. Now we're putting one in our yard here in Lakewood, CA. Congratulations to you! I know how good it feels. Can't wait to see the pics of this one as it gets built.

Thanks for your kind words. It has been 5.5 months of tweaking a design and selecting the correct contractor to build it! I think you should come back to the south. I am originally from New York. i am dumbfounded when I see what Real Estate costs up there, and how little you can get for your money ( i was from Long Island right near the beach $$$$). Although Southern California is very beautiful, I feel for you that the State Government is bleeding the citizens dry!

I am very happy for you to have such a great place to live and your pool finally coming! We are almost done with week 1, and i am told Shotcrete next week. I am having a little confusion navigating around this site, as I am new. Where are you in your project? I think your pool will be beautiful, and you will have the perfect year-round weather to enjoy it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here I am :kim: I posted on your intro thread also! I want to be one of your kids so I can come play in that area!! SO pretty!!

Okay so I will tell you up front I am known as the BLING :queen: so when you ask if you should do glass (SHINY) or plain tiles you already know what I am going to say...............SHINY!!! If you keep your water balanced the glass tiles will not be any harder to keep clean than the plain tiles.

For the glass tiles make sure to get the ones that have "tape" on the front INSTEAD of the mesh on the back. The mesh ones can pop off as they don't always get enough mortar on them to stay in place over time.

Kim:kim:

Hi Kim,

Thanks for all that you do here! My favorite motto is...there's no such thing as too much bling!" We will get along great! I was out of town for work Friday and Saturday, so I just received my samples. GLASS IT IS! I am going to have to look into whether it is tape on the front or Mesh? My pool builder warned that they might pop off? It looks like from the sample, that there is mesh on the back. They are using a company called Classic pool tile. Do you know where I can get the glass tile with tape in the front? I have never heard of this? Can't quite picture/understand how this works?

Thanks so much for you help. FYI, I want to put more pictures and also am having trouble. Can you remove older pictures and add more? I read some help threads, but technology is not my strong point!

I have a thread for you to read. It has some links to click on and read. As with just about everything it is the skill of the installers that comes in to play most of the time.

Glass Tile Options - Where to buy?

Read through this then come back to talk BLING with me!!!

Pictures-look at the top of this page............see photo gallery? Go there and you can save the pics on our servers. I can walk you through how to do it if you need me to.

Look at that hole! I have a job for you....when they get done digging go out to the pool with the pool plans in one hand and a measuring tape in the other. Measure everything. Add about 8" for the steel, gunite, and plaster. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? If not NOW is the time to fix or tweak.

Thanks for the job! we already did this! Two of our neighbors did not get what they paid for, and we were not going to be the same! Please do keep the advice coming!

- - - Updated - - -

Come on over anytime! Please don't be upset if I pick your brain for pool advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Question...I am curious...has anyone on here used Stonescapes with the Puerto Rico Finish? I am really curious. They say that they add shimmering glass beads in two colors...as opposed to just regular glass beads.

Shimmering glass beads instead of regular glass beads? Tell them I you want to see the bags of beads to see the difference. Make sure to take pics. I wonder what makes them "shimmering"? Is there an up charge for them? MORE BLING???? GIVE ME!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.