Pump seems clogged

Aug 27, 2016
Duncanville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have noticed that the pump seems clogged lately. The pressure rises and the flow from the return line slows tremendously. Then the pump basket loses some water and isn't full like normal. I have been turning the pump off, emptying what little debris there is in the pump basket and starting it back up. But, the next day I experience the same thing. This morning I decided to backwash the filter. That seemed to help, but I noticed the green stuff coming out of the return line. I am in the SLAM process, so maybe that's why? I just read the thread info on Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter. I will try it this weekend, hopefully. If someone thinks something else could be wrong please let me know.

Starting with the sand is a good idea, work on the obvious problems before you start looking for gremlins. You could also double check the skimmer make sure the weir door is moving freely, if it get stuck it can cause the pump to starve for water and thus have more air in the basket.

Starting with the sand is a good idea, work on the obvious problems before you start looking for gremlins. You could also double check the skimmer make sure the weir door is moving freely, if it get stuck it can cause the pump to starve for water and thus have more air in the basket.
Ok. Thanks. It looks like backwashing helped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.