TFP Koozie

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
I have visited the TFP store many times in hopes of getting something with the logo. The t-shirts aren't for me, but I would definitely buy some koozies. Seems like some others have also thought this is a good idea. Chime in if you agree, and maybe we can figure out how to add them to the store. Of course, a koozie isn't a koozie isn't a koozie ---- there are way more options out there than I was aware of. This is the kind I would want, with TFP.com or something similar on it. I would be willing to spend as much as $10 per, including shipping. What types would you like to see IF this is even an option with the powers that be??

Attachments

• koozie option.jpg
    koozie option.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 215
I think it's a great idea. I had given it some thought prior to this and the problem, as always, is money.

Packing and shipping is the stumbling block.

Dismissing the cost of the product for now, a box to ship it, postage, (has to be US mail to be remotely reasonable....Aaaargh!) and the time it takes to process the internet order (plus commissions to the payment gateway folks) would probably come out somewhere around $5-7 bucks. Then the cost of nice ones is $2.00 plus.....so your at $7-$9 just to break even.

I have always thought folks would buy them but not for much more than 5-6 bucks delivered......I may be way off base on that.

I don't want to be a wet blanket on a really good idea, tho. If anyone wants to kick it around some more, I'm all ears.

Separate shipping WILL kill the economics, so only offer it as an add on to a purchase or repurchase.

Too bad I just re-upped on reagents, or I'd have added on a koozie. 'Course I only did FC and CYA stuff, might need others before too long.

http://www.discountfavors.com/custom-koozies+neoprene-collapsible-can-holders.html

Not fancy, but cheap and collapsable, regular can shaped

http://www.kustomkoozies.com/faq2.html#Process

another just to compare prices.

Looks like you can get the price down a lot by skipping the carabiner and going with a simple style and single color ink. So, price can be brought down a lot -~$1 - $2 cost, mark up to $4 or so, add shipping and handling. Solve the shipping issue by making it collapsable and pushing it as an add-on to a new kit or re-fill, not so much as a stand alone order unless in a 6 pack or something.

Yeah, a 6 pack..... give to all you pool owning friends and co-workers for Christmas!
Have a dozen on hand for your next pool party!

"Who does my pool? I do --it is a TroubleFree Pool. Sparkling, in just minutes a day. Find out how at TroubleFreePool.com"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.