Hello From ND

SMH

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2009
Hi everyone. I have been reading the posts on the site and decided to join. I take care of 2 pools the Park District in Grand Forks ND. One pool is 500,000 gallons and the other one is 256,000 gallons. We use bleach for the sanitizer and acid for PH control. Our season is short in ND the 2 pools are only open for 3 months. I have enjoyed the forum from reading the posts and hope to join in on the discussions.

Thanks for the welcome. This year in the 256,000 gal pool I have used a high of 285 gallons one week and around 60 gallons on the low end for a week. We just got the big pool up and going last week after a 6 year hiatus. We used gas chlorine in that pool before, so I'm estimating that I will use twice the amount what the smaller pool uses.

This year as of Monday I have went through 1200 gallons bleach, 220 gallons muriatic acid, 850 lbs sodium bicarbonate, 800 lbs of calcium chloride and 75 lbs stabilizer. The place where I buy my chemical from comes up with 325 gallons totes and pumps it in to my tanks. I have 2 300 gallon tanks and 3 225 gallon tanks that the bleach is stored in. The acid comes in 15 gallons drums, the sodium bicarb and calcium chloride come in 50 lb bags. I have a chemtrol 250 controller and stenner peristaltic pumps that do all of the work dosing the bleach and acid.

This year as of Monday I have went through 1200 gallons bleach, 220 gallons muriatic acid, 850 lbs sodium bicarbonate, 800 lbs of calcium chloride and 75 lbs stabilizer.

I was just thinking about complaining publicly on the forum about my chlorine usage lately.......I think I'll keep my mouth shut :shock: :shock: :shock:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Facsinating. Whenever I go to a public pool I'm always trying to peek behind the scenes to see "the set up". If I'm ever out your way I'm gonna PM you so I can have a tour :wink: :mrgreen:

tours are always free of charge :-D

It's been a couple of weeks since you posted this thread, but I wonder what kind of challenges you encounter in managing such a large operation. Also, do you have a boiler to heat the pools? Use a filter to condition your make-up water? Welcome to TFP.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support