HELP!!!

jose

Aug 13, 2009
ok i am writing this for a friend that just called really panic, since i have a pool and he was house sitting for a house that has one, he was supposed to put a jug of chlorine on monday, but forgot, so he bought a 1 pound bag of shock(Hypochlorite) and put in deep end of pool , when he looked back he said that every spot the shock touched is all stained , a black stain, we are going to try to take it out with acid tomorrow , but i figured maybe someone here would know what to do , and why did it happen, he checked the pool with one of those test strips and every thing was ok

thanks

Sounds like iron or some other metal(copper?) in the water. Hold a vitamin c tablet against one of the stains to see if it lifts. If it noticeably lightens or goes away you are dealing with metals in the water.

actual vitamin c tablet :)
you will probably be amazed at the things you can buy at the store to take care of your pool. almost everything you need can be found at the grocery store, which is, I believe, the main point of the BBB method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.