water test results

Jul 9, 2009
Iowa
Well had my water tested last week and everything ok but cya was 7 added 25 oz of walmart hth stabilizer. This weeks test are.

FC .5
TC .3
CC -.2
PH 7.8
CYA 26
TA 100
Cal hardness 263
Temp 75*

Added the 25 oz that the pool cal. said to get to 40 but only 26 was it bad or cheap stabilizer or not a good test? Test machine was a pinpoint computerized water analysis system.

I had to add three pounds of Dichlor (48ounces) to get my CYA from 0 to just above 30. Seems that with your pool's volume you will need more. Also, it took several days before the CYA test would correctly register the level. Maybe you need to wait a day or two and retest for CYA.

FYI, I used "Chlor-Brite" from Leslie's, and they sell it in 1# bags. Just Dichlor and chlorine with no nasty minerals.

I am going to purchase a test kit next spring since in a coulpe weeks to a month pool will be taken down for the year. Can't see me buying a kit now and have it sit all winter. Looking foward to next year with all the info I have learned from this site and the very helpful people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.