Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: water test results

1. Back To Top    #1

water test results

Well had my water tested last week and everything ok but cya was 7 added 25 oz of walmart hth stabilizer. This weeks test are.

FC .5
    TC .3
    CC -.2
    PH 7.8
    CYA 26
    TA 100
    Cal hardness 263
    Temp 75*

Added the 25 oz that the pool cal. said to get to 40 but only 26 was it bad or cheap stabilizer or not a good test? Test machine was a pinpoint computerized water analysis system.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: water test results

Well Fordman if everything was OK you have put a decimal point in front of your FC (0.5) which is too low look again at the CYA/Chlorine chart.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok I know it's not ok but I need to put in I know my fc was low when I took the sample. Added after sample because was mainly looking for the TA and CYA numbers.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

4. Back To Top    #4

testing your own water would be ideal. here is another recent pool store cya testing problem: one-more-new-to-bbb-and-clueless-t16295-20.html

if you didn't reach your goal, add some more. sometimes pool volume calculations can be off, pool store testing is often inaccurate, etc etc etc. keep at it until you reach your target.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

I had to add three pounds of Dichlor (48ounces) to get my CYA from 0 to just above 30. Seems that with your pool's volume you will need more. Also, it took several days before the CYA test would correctly register the level. Maybe you need to wait a day or two and retest for CYA.

FYI, I used "Chlor-Brite" from Leslie's, and they sell it in 1# bags. Just Dichlor and chlorine with no nasty minerals.
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

6. Back To Top    #6

I am going to purchase a test kit next spring since in a coulpe weeks to a month pool will be taken down for the year. Can't see me buying a kit now and have it sit all winter. Looking foward to next year with all the info I have learned from this site and the very helpful people.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Livinright
    FYI, I used "Chlor-Brite" from Leslie's, and they sell it in 1# bags. Just Dichlor and chlorine with no nasty minerals.
    Chlor-Brite = dichlor = chlorine + CYA. Still no nasty minerals, though.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page