SWG & pH

Jun 1, 2008
NW MO
I was just reading the "Water Balance for SWG" once again and got to the pH recommendation of 7.5-7.6 - stating that this was important. I have been running the SWG since the middle of June and I added borates in the middle of June. Ever since my pH has been steady at 7.2-7.5 - usually closer to 7.2. I have not wanted to add to bring it up since my TA is already back in the 80-90 range (it rose back up after adding borates). I have not added any acid since I added the borates.

Do I need to raise my pH to 7.5? or since it has been steady, can I just leave it at 7.2?

Hey there...we have the exact same situation, thereis absolutely no problem with your water being at 7.2 or slightly higher, as long as the PH is stable you are within the safe swimming range.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Do you notice it goes lower when you leave the solar cover on? I do. You can also just turn the eyeball up and leave the cover off for awhile each day to help the PH rise back up. :wink:

Off to the pool! :wave:

Funny you should mention that FPM, I do....7.5 with cover off, 7.2 with solar cover on for more than 24hrs...I just attributed it to less outgassing with the cover on :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.