It's hot in Houston

gd5015

Jul 26, 2009
Houston, Tx
Hello everyone. My name is John and I live in Houston. My wife has been bugging me about a pool for a couple of years now, but I have been less than interested. Just didn't want to spend thousands of dollars on a white elephant the never got used and sucked up all my spare time and money. My wife is unable to take care of a pool due to health problems, so it would have fallen to me to maintain it or pay someone else. Though I'm still not convinced, a few weeks ago I relented and agreed to a starter pool. Ordered an 18' x 54" Intex ultra frame w/SWG. It's currently on the road somewhere between Cali. and Houston. I have my yard prepared, TF-100 kit ordered, putting in the electric connection tomorrow, and will test my water shortly in preparation for lining up chems. I will likely need. Oh, and reading through Pool School of course.

This forum seems to be a wealth of information and helpful folks. It is far and away the most complete forum I have found, congrats to everyone here. I will say "thanks" in advance, as I'm sure to be calling upon you all in the near future.

Welcome John!

And I agree that this site is the most helpful you could possibly hope for in this regard, not to mention the friendly folks who are genuinely interested in assisting even Intex newbies such as you and I :)

I am you, except located in California, and all has gone smoothly. Before setting up the pool I read pool school, read a bunch of archives to understand the practical application, got a test kit, and asked a few initial questions. The response was as friendly as it was informative.

Although it's only been a little over 3 weeks since I opened our new pool, that thing is spotless and looks as good as the day I filled it. I could not have done it without this site, and in appreciation plan to make a donation shortly.

Best wishes to you and your family with your new pool !

Jim