What am I missing for my equipment ?

I have metal springs which complement the ID & prevent a kink/collapse.
I rarely use them anymore & have acquired a finesse for the task.

I have friends who pressurize the pipe to 1 or 2 pounds, but I have never seen them do it.

What keeps the inner diameter round in the bend? Is there a form you bend around? Like you'd do with metal conduit? Or does the PVC just retain its round diameter on its own?
I've never done it with white pvc but have many times with grey conduit. the secret is even and complete heating of the area to be bent. Then it stays pretty round. If it was put of round by 1/4" I don't think its gonna hurt the flow any.

I have metal springs which complement the ID & prevent a kink/collapse.
I rarely use them anymore & have acquired a finesse for the task.

I have friends who pressurize the pipe to 1 or 2 pounds, but I have never seen them do it.

you could also fill with sand. that would prevent collapse and also extend workable time but completely unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t gamble, party, or go an alcoholic fueled benders..

But I do have a bad monkey on my back & it is manifested in super awesome tool acquisition binges. Vicious cycle.

Zip level? lol

Interesting! I’ve done copper with sand, but there was no heat/time constraint involved. Can’t wait to see the results!!

I don't want to start the age old debate of flex vs rigid again but why not use some flex on equipment pad? I will have 40' of 2" tigerflex left over. There are a couple sections of pipe in my equipment that must be rigid because various automation sensors plug into the pipe but for the rest?

Why not tigerflex? no labor to heat bend. Yes, people say it rots with uv but in a shed it wont. or if it is painted it wont.

Just opening dialog here

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.