Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am I missing for my equipment ?

1. Back To Top    #21

In the Industry

Re: What am I missing for my equipment ?

I have metal springs which complement the ID & prevent a kink/collapse.
    I rarely use them anymore & have acquired a finesse for the task.

I have friends who pressurize the pipe to 1 or 2 pounds, but I have never seen them do it.

2. Back To Top    #22

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by uxbridgechris View Post
    I don't have PoolguyinCt money.

I will use a big torch.
    I don’t gamble, party, or go an alcoholic fueled benders..

But I do have a bad monkey on my back & it is manifested in super awesome tool acquisition binges. Vicious cycle.

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    What keeps the inner diameter round in the bend? Is there a form you bend around? Like you'd do with metal conduit? Or does the PVC just retain its round diameter on its own?
    I've never done it with white pvc but have many times with grey conduit. the secret is even and complete heating of the area to be bent. Then it stays pretty round. If it was put of round by 1/4" I don't think its gonna hurt the flow any.
    Blue Hawaiian “Wellington” FG pool 6500 Gal. Raypak 266 NG Nickle plated, 3/4hp Hayward super pump, Heater Reader wifi / app controller. Pentair 420 sq' cartridge filter. Hayward 25k SWG
    Pal LED pool lighting.Build thread here: 2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

4. Back To Top    #24

Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post
    I have metal springs which complement the ID & prevent a kink/collapse.
    I rarely use them anymore & have acquired a finesse for the task.

I have friends who pressurize the pipe to 1 or 2 pounds, but I have never seen them do it.
    you could also fill with sand. that would prevent collapse and also extend workable time but completely unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post
    I don’t gamble, party, or go an alcoholic fueled benders..

But I do have a bad monkey on my back & it is manifested in super awesome tool acquisition binges. Vicious cycle.
    Zip level? lol
    Blue Hawaiian “Wellington” FG pool 6500 Gal. Raypak 266 NG Nickle plated, 3/4hp Hayward super pump, Heater Reader wifi / app controller. Pentair 420 sq' cartridge filter. Hayward 25k SWG
    Pal LED pool lighting.Build thread here: 2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

5. Back To Top    #25

Interesting! I’ve done copper with sand, but there was no heat/time constraint involved. Can’t wait to see the results!!
    12300 gallon in-ground pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating system. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

6. Back To Top    #26

In the Industry

you could also fill with sand. that would prevent collapse and also extend workable time but completely unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Zip level? lol
    Probably end of June.. just popped on the Nemo underwater cordless drill.

7. Back To Top    #27

I’m not sure how I like it. Check back with me in a while so I can give you a real honest opinion. It is tempermental.

8. Back To Top    #28

In the Industry

I’m not sure how I like it. Check back with me in a while so I can give you a real honest opinion. It is tempermental.
    Oh boy... my heart is breaking & checkbook healing.. thnx buddy

9. Back To Top    #29

I don't want to start the age old debate of flex vs rigid again but why not use some flex on equipment pad? I will have 40' of 2" tigerflex left over. There are a couple sections of pipe in my equipment that must be rigid because various automation sensors plug into the pipe but for the rest?

Why not tigerflex? no labor to heat bend. Yes, people say it rots with uv but in a shed it wont. or if it is painted it wont.

Just opening dialog here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12