We've had our pool for a year now. Once we got the water balanced, we've never had a problem with the Chlorine. We've used the BBB method since the beginning. Some of the other chemicals have bugged me at times, but the Chlorine has always been perfect.
I check the FC, CC, and pH almost every day. Yesterday I didn't because it was pouring. On Monday I happened to check everything and results were
I have a Taylor 2006 kit.
I know CYA is a little low, but its been a struggle to get the level up. We've had massive amounts of rain this summer.
So, today I came home from work and tested the water, fully expecting my standard 3.5 FC and there is NO FC. Like zero. I put 2 scoops of powder in and no pink. I put another one in and just a touch pink. I was so surprised I did the test 3 times. I thought maybe my powder went bad overnight so I used some test strips I have for days I feel lazy. Nothing. BTW, pH was 7.5.
So, now I'm worried I'm on the verge of an algae bloom. There were a couple of dead of dead frogs in the pool, but that's nothing unusual for us. We haven't had anyone swimming in the pool since Saturday, and then only one adult.
Other data: I had to add water from our well on Monday because the level was down after a warm spell. Yesterday we had torrential rains. Could either of those cause this issue?
I just added some shock 'n swim an hour ago and will check the FC in a few minutes. I'll keep adding it until I get the FC up to shock levels and then I'll keep it there until tomorrow and then I'll do an over night test. Does that sound like a plan? I don't have any liquid chlorine around. The only other Chlorine source I have around, besides my SWG, is tablets. I could use those too or instead. I just don't really feel like going out to buy chlorine, but I will if you tell me I need to.
Thanks for your help.