Jun 25, 2009
Loogootee, IN
When I got my sand filter and pump up and running, It was running at 14psi sometimes 15psi. And it has been like that for 2months now. last week I decided to backwash and the water came out green for about 15-20sec. (pool is still crystal clear) Monday I came home from work and my parents along with my family where in the pool and the pump was running.

I noticed it was at 10psi. after everyone was done swimming, I removed the debris catcher thingy from the pool, wiped it off etc. bloodied up my knuckles getting the pump lid/cover off. (first time off since setting it up) it was extremely hard to open. took the catch thingy out and sprayed it off. there was some hair webbing etc. I put everything together and turned it back on, and it still said 10psi. today, it says 9psi.

Do I have a problem? should I try backwashing again?

Thanks in advance.

PP,

Take the pump strainer basket (catch thingy :lol: ) out again and put your hand down into the bottom of the strainer body and see if you can feel anything wrapped around the impellor. Some of them are a little hard to reach but it sure sounds like some junked has wrapped itself in there making it difficult for your pump to operate at full efficiency.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.