Non-Stabilized chlorine tabs

There are no non-stabilized tabs. Cal hypo is a different product that isn't suited for use in an erosion feeder because it dissolves too easily, and can violently react if used in a feeder that has been used for other forms of chlorine.

denpending on how long you are away for boosting FC up by 5-6ppm from my target level with bleach and then covering the pool with the solar cover seems to do the trick for me...I ussually lose 1-2ppm per day with the cover on.

How often are you gone and for how long each time? I'm almost never gone more than a week, maybe 4 times a year. At that pace, using 3-4 tabs to keep the FC up each time is not going to cause a CYA problem. Unless your CYA is already over the top.
--paulr

I am away for a week three or four times a summer. I run up the FC before I leave and throw in a floater full of pucks. I keep an eye on the CYA (adjust FC or drain if necessary) and I never have a problem. If I travel for two weeks I fire up the in-line puck feeder and ask a neighbor to throw in the pre-loaded floater after the first week. I like the floater because I can take it out as soon as I return to minimize CYA boost. There is nothing wrong with trichlor if you know what you are doing.

I also have a water-leveler for the longer trips. [I did have a problem when hurricane Floyd hit while I was in Canada. The power went off so the sump pump did not work in the equipment pit and the power then came back on while the filter was under water. So one dead pump motor.]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.