Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

1. Back To Top    #61

Re: New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

I'll have to live vicariously through your build for now so I also hope you see some major progress this week!! I'll be following along for sure.

2. Back To Top    #62

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
    I'll have to live vicariously through your build for now so I also hope you see some major progress this week!! I'll be following along for sure.

Let's hope you get to see more than just a doggie cabana under construction, LOL!
    In Progress - 20x39 (21,500 gallons) IG shotcrete freeform; All Pentair (DE Filter, VSP), IC-60 SWG, EasyTouch8 plus Screenlogic2 Automation, 14x9 sunshelf, Waterfall, Irregular flagstone coping, Wet Edge Luna Quartz in Aruba, Techo-Bloc Blue60 pavers in Champlain, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #63

Well I came home to this yesterday!

SAM_1791.jpg

Coping! However, there are some issues...tell me if I'm just being too picky. There are a bunch of places where it is not even on the OUTSIDE edge. The inside edge toward the pool looks fine. But the outside...there are some places where there is like a 2" difference between the edge of stones. Not sure if they go around and cut it even before the pavers or what. You can see it pretty clearly here:

SAM_1792.jpg

I think that if I just came home one day and had an entire pool built and ready to go many things that I tend to over-scrutinize probably wouldn't bother me in the least (or I wouldn't notice them). But when things get done so slowly and piecemeal, I think I tend to look at everything under a microscope.

However in this case, I'm just glad something got done and I'm inclined to mention it to the PB but not push for a redo. What do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, I'm really happy with the organic look of the flagstone. Oh and I had another work trailer parked in my driveway too, so I hope that means more work today and tomorrow.
    In Progress - 20x39 (21,500 gallons) IG shotcrete freeform; All Pentair (DE Filter, VSP), IC-60 SWG, EasyTouch8 plus Screenlogic2 Automation, 14x9 sunshelf, Waterfall, Irregular flagstone coping, Wet Edge Luna Quartz in Aruba, Techo-Bloc Blue60 pavers in Champlain, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #64

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kristmas View Post
    Well I came home to this yesterday!

SAM_1791.jpg

Coping! However, there are some issues...tell me if I'm just being too picky. There are a bunch of places where it is not even on the OUTSIDE edge. The inside edge toward the pool looks fine. But the outside...there are some places where there is like a 2" difference between the edge of stones. Not sure if they go around and cut it even before the pavers or what. You can see it pretty clearly here:

SAM_1792.jpg

I think that if I just came home one day and had an entire pool built and ready to go many things that I tend to over-scrutinize probably wouldn't bother me in the least (or I wouldn't notice them). But when things get done so slowly and piecemeal, I think I tend to look at everything under a microscope.

However in this case, I'm just glad something got done and I'm inclined to mention it to the PB but not push for a redo. What do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, I'm really happy with the organic look of the flagstone. Oh and I had another work trailer parked in my driveway too, so I hope that means more work today and tomorrow.
    We have bluestone which looks exactly like your stone. Our outside edge is totally straight with no gaps like you have. What kind of deck are you getting? We had poured concrete and they put foam between the coping and the deck.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

5. Back To Top    #65

Our decking will be pavers.

6. Back To Top    #66

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kristmas View Post
    Our decking will be pavers.
    I can't imagine they are going to go cut that now but maybe they are. It is sloppy they should have corrected that during the installation. My coping installer laid out exactly all of the bluestone on the edge before cementing anything in. They played around with it until it was perfect.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

7. Back To Top    #67

Well I sent the PB an email with pictures...to get it in writing. We'll see what they say.

8. Back To Top    #68

Just got a response from PB...he says he's going to fix it on Tuesday (what? Why not today and tomorrow??!!! Urgg). Stay tuned...

9. Back To Top    #69

AND how is he going to fix it???? Oh if they WERE already going to fix it why leave it like it is???? hummmmmmmm

I bet you the reason no fix until Tues. is they are on another job the other days.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #70

I would say they will just cut the outside to neaten off those spots. Good idea getting it in writing though.

Ha we signed in December too. Must have been the month they were accepting slow contracts! Mind you our summer holidays is Dec/Jan so pretty much nothing happens during those months.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

11. Back To Top    #71

Well you aren't going to believe this...PB sent people to work at our house on Saturday...on a holiday weekend!! I almost fell over, LOL. AND they are working at our house today too! Miracles! Pics tomorrow.

And in other news, I finished building the doggy cabana. Now I have to finish it and deck it out with a comfy cushion. Spoiled doggy.

dogCabana3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by riley00dog View Post
    I would say they will just cut the outside to neaten off those spots. Good idea getting it in writing though.
    I think your are right Riley00Dog...that's what the PB said. Not sure why they wait to do that but it looks like that gets done when the pavers are installed. Can't wait, it feels like we are actually getting close now.

12. Back To Top    #72

WHAT?????? Glad to hear they were working and are working today! Sweet!

Good looking cabana there! Will be interesting to see if he will use it.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #73

Always good to have progress! What are they working on? The patio?

14. Back To Top    #74

Thanks Kim! Yes that is the challenge...getting him in there. I actually think he'll love it. He wants to be with us (well, me ) all the time and he will only lay down in comfy spots like cushions or the grass. Never hard floors or concrete. So strange, other dogs seem to love the coolness of those surfaces.

Captain, yes the decking and the additional patio. So can't wait until I'm not looking at dirt any more. I'm pretty sure you can relate.

15. Back To Top    #75

So the keys will be ---------comfy pad with a fluffy blanket throw over it AND a peanut butter Kong for him to enjoy!

Kim

16. Back To Top    #76

oh yes, maybe a semi-frozen peanut butter kong!

17. Back To Top    #77

Want to really up it??? Cut up hotdogs and mix them in the peanut butter! Ewwwwwwwww to us but VERY high value to them!!!

18. Back To Top    #78

Cut up hotdogs and mix them in the peanut butter!
    Great idea, sounds like he'll love it!

So here is the progress from yesterday...they got all the crushed stone down and compacted. Hopefully some pavers going in today but I won't know until I get home as nobody had arrived by the time I left for work. But still no tile, dang it!

SAM_1809.jpgSAM_1810.jpg

19. Back To Top    #79

gurrrrrrrrrrrrr don't they know we are all watching and waiting for your pool to be done?????????? LOL

Kim

20. Back To Top    #80

We have decking!! And I think it turned out great. They did a much nicer job marrying up to our existing pavers than I thought was possible. If you look at the original rendering we were going to just put stepping stones in between because I didn't think putting them together would work. But my PB came out and said that is was no problem! I think they actually pulled up the edges of the existing and relaid them to get them nice and flush and even. Super excited that this is done.

I spent most of Saturday cleaning up stuff around the yard and re-stacking three pallets of blue stone so they can move it out of my front yard. Phew, we are finally starting to see the end!

SAM_1823.jpg

SAM_1827.jpg

SAM_1832.jpg

SAM_1833.jpg

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast