Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

I think it looks really nice! I'm at almost the same stage and I am SO sick of looking at mud and piles of dirt. What is it that you don't like? I really like a natural look and I think they nailed it on yours!
    Thanks Captain...I really needed to hear that!!

I think it will look much better with a finished pool full of water.
    Yes, a friend of mine told me the same thing...and I definitely think you are right.

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll get some plants in there. I think that will make me feel a lot better about it! Even though I'm a bit deflated now, I will imagine seeing and hearing the water flowing over the rocks with an adult beverage in my hand. That should do the trick

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and our pavers were delivered yesterday and a trailer showed up parked along my driveway.

Pavers + what looks like sunshine for at least 5 days (wow!) = stuff probably happening next week!
    In Progress - 20x39 (21,500 gallons) IG shotcrete freeform; All Pentair (DE Filter, VSP), IC-60 SWG, EasyTouch8 plus Screenlogic2 Automation, 14x9 sunshelf, Waterfall, Irregular flagstone coping, Wet Edge Luna Quartz in Aruba, Techo-Bloc Blue60 pavers in Champlain, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #42

I only wish I had a waterfall as pretty as that in my yard!!!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #43

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I only wish I had a waterfall as pretty as that in my yard!!!!

Kim

Aww, thank you Kim!
    In Progress - 20x39 (21,500 gallons) IG shotcrete freeform; All Pentair (DE Filter, VSP), IC-60 SWG, EasyTouch8 plus Screenlogic2 Automation, 14x9 sunshelf, Waterfall, Irregular flagstone coping, Wet Edge Luna Quartz in Aruba, Techo-Bloc Blue60 pavers in Champlain, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #44

I too think it looks really naturally. A lot of waterfalls I've seen do not look natural and I think in the end you will be very please with this. Hang in there!
    40x15 IG 15,000 gallons /TF100 Test Kit / Ocean Blue PebbleSheen / Jandy CV460 Filter/ Jandy PLC1400 Salt System / Jandy VSSHP270AUT VSP / Jandy JXI400N heater / Jandy PSB215 Pool and Spa Blower / iAqualink / Polaris 280 / New Geometric IG Pool in DFW

5. Back To Top    #45

I agree. I love it! It looks very natural. I think you’ll love it once there’s water flowing. Yay for pavers and 5 days of nice weather!

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

6. Back To Top    #46

@LeighHop -- Thanks so much! The guy I hired came all the way from New Jersey and I picked him because of the really natural look to all the waterfalls he's done. Of course, I saw all of them completely finished, planted and with water! But I'm coming around...I just go out and look at it everyday and it is starting to feel like it belongs there now I just checked out your build...things are moving so fast and it looks really great!

@Riley00Dog -- Thank you too! I know from reading your thread that you can feel everybody's pain in the U.S. Northeast/Mid-Atlantic regarding rain!! When does your slide go in? Can't wait to see that!

7. Back To Top    #47

Well another week with nothing going on...what a waste of nice weather! At least the bluestone for the coping was delivered yesterday. Or more to the point, literally dropped off the back of the truck into the front yard (what's left of it anyway, lol):

IMAG1250_1.jpg

8. Back To Top    #48

Quote Originally Posted by kristmas View Post
    literally dropped off the back of the truck into the front yard
    What the heck!? Are they still usable?
    28K gal 20'x40' rectangular IG gunite; Aquabright "Mediterranean Blue" surface, Anthony DE filter, Pentair Superflo 1-1/2 hp pump; built in 1990, renovated in 2018

9. Back To Top    #49

Wow that was pretty rude. That pile looks like what mine does after they installed most of it. The good news is it is still totally usable. They arrange it in a random sort of pattern and cut much of it so I wouldn't worry at all.

Also, it's really thick so I would be surprised if any of it was even broken.

10. Back To Top    #50

What the heck!? Are they still usable?
    That's the same thing my husband asked!

The good news is it is still totally usable. They arrange it in a random sort of pattern and cut much of it so I wouldn't worry at all.

Also, it's really thick so I would be surprised if any of it was even broken.

I kind of thought so too. I guess they're lucky that we decided on irregular flagstone! The other annoying thing is now it isn't even on the pallets so the crew that does the coping is going to have load it onto the Bobcat and move all of it into the back yard. I'm pretty sure they were supposed to 'dump' it inside the fence, not in the 'staging area' that was once our front yard.

11. Back To Top    #51

That's the same thing my husband asked!

I kind of thought so too. I guess they're lucky that we decided on irregular flagstone! The other annoying thing is now it isn't even on the pallets so the crew that does the coping is going to have load it onto the Bobcat and move all of it into the back yard. I'm pretty sure they were supposed to 'dump' it inside the fence, not in the 'staging area' that was once our front yard.
    I feel you on the staging area that was once a front yard They could have made everyone’s life easier and dropped it off (with care) around the back. Hopefully your coping is done soon.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

12. Back To Top    #52

I feel you on the staging area that was once a front yard
    And the part that you can see in that picture above isn't even the half of it!

13. Back To Top    #53

While there is still absolutely NOTHING going on with my pool build, at least the cabana I'm building for my dog is coming along. I got the base cut and assembled yesterday. OMG, it was hot. I really could have used a nice refreshing pool to jump into!

dogCabana1.jpg

dogCabana2.jpg

14. Back To Top    #54

Same issue over here. We should create a support group or something. We must have had ten inches of rain in the past week. Progress has come to a screeching halt. I was expecting to be building a fence right now before it got too hot and I am at least three weeks away from that.

15. Back To Top    #55

Making good use of your time! Man a pool is SO nice to jump into at times like that! One day you will know the joy. Too bad it was not yesterday
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #56

We should create a support group or something.
    I know, right?!! And even worse, I feel that I will come home again to nothing new even though we actually have sunshine today. Our pool is a nasty green mess with about 3 feet or more of water in it. Yuck!!

One day you will know the joy.
    Keeping the faith, Kim!

17. Back To Top    #57

TFP Guide

I know, right?!! And even worse, I feel that I will come home again to nothing new even though we actually have sunshine today. Our pool is a nasty green mess with about 3 feet or more of water in it. Yuck!!

Keeping the faith, Kim!
    I actually wasn't too terribly bad here in Damascus. I pumped out around 4 inches twice. Checked levels yesterday and don't need to re-balance much. 40lbs of salt and 2 lbs of CYA.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

18. Back To Top    #58

I'm just jealous that you guys are so far along! For reference, we signed in December and we STILL haven't even broken ground yet. I'm getting frustrated to the point of wanting to pull the plug! If this is indicative of how the rest of the build will go I won't be able to deal with that.
    Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Build: 800sqft 33K gal. 26' x 46' Gunite freeform pool, 3.5 to 7' depth, +50sqft Spa, +100sqft sunshelf w/ 3 x splashdown fountains, Boulder waterfall, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS X 2 pumps (main/features), Pentair 60sq ft FNS Plus DE filter, Pentair IC60 SWCG, Easytouch 8 w/ screenlogic, Pentair Intellibrite/Globrite lights, Raypak NG heater, Travertine coping, Paver decking, Autofill

19. Back To Top    #59

At least your dog will be happy! He/she has a good team of builders We are still waiting for a few little bits and pieces to be done including the slide. Handover today. Fingers crossed things get moving this week for you.

20. Back To Top    #60

Wow Gorilla, we signed in December also! And I thought things were moving slow for us. I'm really sorry to hear that you will be moving on from your PB. Well, not about that but that it delays your backyard paradise. I hope you are able to get your project back on track soon. What a bummer.

Thanks Riley00Dog...nothing happened yesterday even though it was sunny!! Grrr! More rain today. Looking pretty good for the rest of the week, so I better see some action!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast