Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

How deep did you go on the sun shelf? The build looks great.

2. Back To Top    #22

Quote Originally Posted by teribble1 View Post
    How deep did you go on the sun shelf? The build looks great.
    Thanks!!

The standard 6"...hopefully we'll be happy with that. I've read a lot of different opinions on sun shelf depth and tried to think of how I'd like to use it. I decided that it would be nice for people who don't want to get wet to sit in the water so decided to take a chance on the shallower depth.
    In Progress - 20x39 (21,500 gallons) IG shotcrete freeform; All Pentair (DE Filter, VSP), IC-60 SWG, EasyTouch8 plus Screenlogic2 Automation, 14x9 sunshelf, Waterfall, Irregular flagstone coping, Wet Edge Luna Quartz in Aruba, Techo-Bloc Blue60 pavers in Champlain, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #23

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kristmas View Post
    Thanks!!

The standard 6"...hopefully we'll be happy with that. I've read a lot of different opinions on sun shelf depth and tried to think of how I'd like to use it. I decided that it would be nice for people who don't want to get wet to sit in the water so decided to take a chance on the shallower depth.
    6"? Hmm that is really shallow. Mine is like 15" and is perfect for young kids to play on/in.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

4. Back To Top    #24

well it's too late now! I'll report back on this issue after we start using it.
    In Progress - 20x39 (21,500 gallons) IG shotcrete freeform; All Pentair (DE Filter, VSP), IC-60 SWG, EasyTouch8 plus Screenlogic2 Automation, 14x9 sunshelf, Waterfall, Irregular flagstone coping, Wet Edge Luna Quartz in Aruba, Techo-Bloc Blue60 pavers in Champlain, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #25

I’m sure your 6” will be fine. You put a lot a thought into how you’ll be using it.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

6. Back To Top    #26

Out of curiosity - what type of coping and decking are you looking at? Almost looks like travertine?

I just ask because we're only 20 minutes down the road from you and are looking at options other than bluestone potentially.

7. Back To Top    #27

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by andyoi630 View Post
    Out of curiosity - what type of coping and decking are you looking at? Almost looks like travertine?

I just ask because we're only 20 minutes down the road from you and are looking at options other than bluestone potentially.
    We have bluestone coping why don't you want that? You are welcome to stop by and take a look.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

8. Back To Top    #28

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGate View Post
    We have bluestone coping why don't you want that? You are welcome to stop by and take a look.
    Our old pool patio was all bluestone. Our front sidewalk and porch are all bluestone. Just looking for something different as an alternative. Plus it gets unbelievably hot in the summer - especially the lilac pieces.

9. Back To Top    #29

Quote Originally Posted by riley00dog View Post
    I’m sure your 6” will be fine. You put a lot a thought into how you’ll be using it.
    Thanks Riley00dog...I hope you are right. I did find on some threads where people discussed their sun shelf depth...many people went deeper but those that didn't were still really happy with them. I'm going to be positive and think that we will too!

- - - Updated - - -

We are putting in irregular flagstone for the coping...I just like the organic look to it. And we are doing Techo Bloc pavers for the decking. See my sig.

10. Back To Top    #30

Finally some progress to report! Materials for the waterfall were just delivered and the crew should be on site to start building it by 10:30 this morning.

SAM_1602.jpg

Oh and this was sitting at the top of our driveway when I got home on Friday...anybody ever seen a PB do this?!!!

Sorry about the picture orientation...I saved it in portrait but for some reason it loads here in landscape.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Back To Top    #31

That's funny. I haven't seen that before. I've noticed that some of the crews at my house conveniently disappear in the woods for a few minutes.

12. Back To Top    #32

Quote Originally Posted by Captchaos View Post
    That's funny. I haven't seen that before. I've noticed that some of the crews at my house conveniently disappear in the woods for a few minutes.

Haha! That's what my husband and figured would happen too.

- - - Updated - - -

Waterfall progress:

SAM_1608.jpg

13. Back To Top    #33

TFP Guide

And ‘other’ times they would go to a convenience store I’d like to think.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

14. Back To Top    #34

Big boy toys! Loving what I see so far!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #35

Excellent! Always great to see progress.

I think our workers go to the store. They have never asked to use my facilities and no port-a-loo or secluded wooded area.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

16. Back To Top    #36

And ‘other’ times they would go to a convenience store I’d like to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by riley00dog View Post
    Excellent! Always great to see progress.

I think our workers go to the store. They have never asked to use my facilities and no port-a-loo or secluded wooded area.
    I always felt kind of bad about that...I think having this is a nice gesture on the part of the PB. We take some things for granted for sure!

Updated waterfall pics coming later today!

17. Back To Top    #37

Huh, never saw a load-bearing level before.
    28K gal 20'x40' rectangular IG gunite; Aquabright "Mediterranean Blue" surface, Anthony DE filter, Pentair Superflo 1-1/2 hp pump; built in 1990, renovated in 2018

18. Back To Top    #38

The waterfall is done. I'm not thrilled. I hope it is just because I'm so sick of looking at rocks and concrete and mud.

Maybe when the pool is done, the plantings are in and we have water and our lawn back I'll feel better about it. What do you all think?

There are planting areas to the left, right and the top but obviously nothing in them yet. The water will come down from the top and split into 2 spillways into the pool.

SAM_1642.jpg

SAM_1643.jpg

19. Back To Top    #39

I think it looks really nice! I'm at almost the same stage and I am SO sick of looking at mud and piles of dirt. What is it that you don't like? I really like a natural look and I think they nailed it on yours!

20. Back To Top    #40

TFP Guide

I think it will look much better with a finished pool full of water.
    32K gallon Plaster - CircuPool SJ-55 SWG - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL/K-1766
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart - Support TFP

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast