New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

I do have a ring around my pool from when the water level was lowered for winterization. Not sure I can ever get rid of that :-(.

I'm sure you are the only one who will ever notice that...I've seen lots of pics of your pool and nothing like that ever caught my eye. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great! You're so close to the end :smile: :smile: Swimming coming really soon for you guys, that's great!

Thanks Gorilla! Gosh, I hope so! You know what they say, 'it isn't over till the fat lady sings' so I'm still holding my breath!

That’s great that you have already had a play around with the test kit. I find the ch test the fiddliest. I don’t really have a problem with the cya. Initially I struggled with the ph until a lovely person here linked me to a visual for the ccl ph test. Once I got the hang of it I would just test for fun. The novelty has worn off lol but overall I’m really comfortable with testing now. It is so daunting in the beginning. It will all come together and you will learn perhaps begrudgingly to let go of the little imperfections and see your pool as a wonderful addition to your family and house. I’m getting there and think I will be there once the pb finishes completely and goes on his merry way.

I'm sure all be tapping into all of your new found knowledge for guidance!

Oh and by the way, the plan is to definitely get a heater. I just wish we could swim through the winter like you can in Australia...even a heater won't help us do that in Maryland!

Electrician arrived about 20 minutes also. Learned a VERY interesting tidbit from him. He just told me that he was just told this job was ready for electric at 8:00 Thursday morning. Hmmm...so much for being pushed back due to rain.

- - - Updated - - -

2 truckloads of water in! He just left for refill number 3.

Thanks all, the pool is full!

Does look a little green as expected so I hope they get in gear because I want to get it brushed and balanced asap. I would really like my son to be able to go swimming this weekend or early next week before he goes to camp for 2 weeks during the day.

I was expecting when the water guy left that he was going to come and ask me for a check but he didn't (what???), haha! I wonder if the PB is going to bill me or what. I'm going to say what I said before, 'I thought you were going to take care of it!' and see what happens.

Also, when the electrician made that comment about not being told this job was ready until Thursday he sounded pretty annoyed...so I'm not sure they even talked to each other, except when they need that check :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FULL!!! SWEET! I am glad you knew to expect the greenish color. Think of the poor people who have not found TFP seeing that :(

You can and should brush. I am going to see if I can find the plaster start up card I have been told is a good one. Okay it is not coming up as a clickable link. Do this for me:

-google NPC start up card and click on the pdf. You will want the back page. Follow that as close as you can.

Kim:kim:

You may want to call your PB and tell him your pool NOW has water in it. Sounds like he needs a little babysitting.

Thanks Kim and BMore...PB actually called me this morning. He is on his way to my house to add stuff to the pool and get brushing! I will also brush, brush, brush over the next few weeks. We are supposedly following the directions provided by Wet Edge for start up. I just need to stay on top of PB so I know exactly what's going in and when.

Now I can't wait to get some landscaping in there!

Tons of pictures and email/text copies make good CYA. Not cyanuric acid. Though they wiggle out of a lot when issues arise.

Ask him to tell you everything he adds...and document it.

Well they came and dumped acid in the pool. And we got a ton more rain. The water is literally an inch from the coping now. I've messaged PB to ask what he can do. We can't exactly pump it out onto our lawn with acid in the water, right? Aaarrrggghhhh!

Next up is the bait-and-switch the PB is trying to pull on me. Got home yesterday and bball goal was delivered. My husband (he's so smart) noticed the packing list attached to the box and brought it in. This goal that the PB 'just ordered' is from September 2017. AND it isn't even the one I thought I was getting! I think he made a mistake last year and is trying to dump off his old inventory on me!

What I believe I contracted for (see it in the rendering on the first page of this thread) and what the sales guy showed me:

https://srsmith.com/en-us/products/games/residential-salt-friendly-basketball-game/

What he brought yesterday:

https://srsmith.com/en-us/products/games/single-post-basketball-game/

The first one seems significantly more heavy duty. Nice try PB. I texted him right away but got no response.

Well the finish is looking pretty good. There are white splotches in some places. Those don't bother too much but a couple of them are in places I'm not happy about. Like the sun shelf, steps and benches. I know there really is not much that can be done about them but gosh it's a bit irritating. I'm not even sure the brushing with the acid in the water is doing anything at all. When I brush it doesn't look like plaster dust moving around, it really just looks like dirt that isn't being filtered out because there is no equipment turned on yet.

And speaking of equipment, they plumbed one of the VS pumps yesterday. I wish I had taken a pic because I just don't understand it. No part of it goes to the filter. I also don't know if it is the pump for the waterfall or the pool. Will post a pic tomorrow and maybe someone smarter than me can explain it.

Anyway, here is the progress on the water as of this morning:

SAM_2012.jpg

SAM_2010.jpg

Looking good! Don’t sweat the finish yet, mine was still changing until a week or so ago. I had a couple of really white spots that lightened up. The pool builder said they might lighten up when I mentioned them to him a few weeks ago. He said if it doesn’t they can target-treat it with acid.

I want to say the dust on mine didn’t really start a ton until a couple of brushings or days.

Looking awesome! I would not worry about water level. This only becomes an issue when the pool is running as it effects how well the skimmers work. You'll lose it to evaporation. I don't lower mine unless it is really full and more rain is on the way. Of course supposed to get thunderstorms today too! How about that lightening show we got last night? I am pretty sure you must have seen it.

Ok Capt, I'll keep brushing and post progress pics! Funny, I photographed those spots that I'm really unhappy with and they don't look that bad in the pics, but look bad in person. But the thing about these spots isn't just the color...they are kind of rough. Almost like too much was brushed off. Is that possible?

Yes, crazy storms last night PoolGate! I can only hope the evaporation today outpaces the rain. Especially for that weird plaster cess-pool thing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.