Reflections

WP_20180405_21_49_07_Pro.jpg

OK, I do... Honey, do you want the lights on or off tonight?

night time 1.jpg

night time 2.jpg

It's not bright like that at all. Especially the pool. My iPhone doesn't do it justice...

- - - Updated - - -

I have an oak forest behind that fence. I've always want to put some up lights back there to light up those big trees... That inky blackness back there reminded me to get to that (someday)...

- - - Updated - - -

Pic no see?

OK, I do... Honey, do you want the lights on or off tonight?

View attachment 74816

View attachment 74817

It's not bright like that at all. Especially the pool. My iPhone doesn't do it justice...

- - - Updated - - -

I have an oak forest behind that fence. I've always want to put some up lights back there to light up those big trees... That inky blackness back there reminded me to get to that (someday)...

- - - Updated - - -

Pic no see?

I drive by a home at night that has lights on the top of the trees. These trees are at least 30 feet tall. They are just beautiful at night.

All these pics are so beautiful. Mine is always ongoing and I am eyeing up some of these ideas.

I drive by a home at night that has lights on the top of the trees. These trees are at least 30 feet tall. They are just beautiful at night.

All these pics are so beautiful. Mine is always ongoing and I am eyeing up some of these ideas.

Can't say enough good things about my landscape lighting, the stuff I used and the affect it all creates. It was one of the first things I did when I moved in. Just love the lights, from both inside the house and while sitting outside on a nice summer evening (and even when it's raining!). What are you waiting for? It's actually pretty simple to DIY.

Everything in my backyard is solar. I know you can’t tell from my pic, but even my tiki torches are solar powered and people think they are real flames.
I love lighting affects, I can change the colors of the solar lights with a remote, so simple.

I wish I could dim my lights. The supplier of the system said no, but I wonder how true that is. If the transformer is some sort of digital thing, then OK, but if it's just coils, then I should be able to dim it. Or may be it's the LEDs? Some look to be bulbs, others look like little circuit boards. Sometimes I'd just like a very dim glow...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can’t dim my lights, they have a high/low setting on them, so I keep them all on low. I’m trying to figure out a way to internally light up my waterfall. When I want to run it at night, I want to be able to light the water so it looks like lava.

I found this cheap LED pool light at Wally World that comes with a remote, it’s about the size of a hockey puck and runs on batteries. Im going to toss it underneath the top rock where the water comes out and see how it looks.

I once checked on underwater LEDs, for my fountain. They're a bunch of 'em out there. Keep us posted on what you come up with!

A favorite shot of our pool area. Ideally there would have been more ambient light. Next time the storm should arrive at dusk. Not a safe time to relax by the pool though.

2015-09-28 23.25.36.jpg

I once checked on underwater LEDs, for my fountain. They're a bunch of 'em out there. Keep us posted on what you come up with!

Copy that.

I’ve seen quite a few as well, but unless I core out the rock in the back, I have no way to get the wires into the fountain without them being seen. I can light up the front and top easily, but that’s not the effect I’m going for.

- - - Updated - - -

A favorite shot of our pool area. Ideally there would have been more ambient light. Next time the storm should arrive at dusk. Not a safe time to relax by the pool though.

View attachment 74847

Now that’s a cool shot!!

Here you go... a couple hours earlier

Amazing shot, by the way! Nice setup, too!!

That does look better!! I do struggle with a) spending the time needed on editing and b) the ‘ethics’ of making something look like it didn’t originally.

Dirk - I’ll have a thumb drive full of files to be edited coming your way later today. Take all the time you need as long as they are done by Monday.

That does look better!! I do struggle with a) spending the time needed on editing and b) the ‘ethics’ of making something look like it didn’t originally.

You don’t have to, that’s why he’s here!! :)

Dirk - I’ll have a thumb drive full of files to be edited coming your way later today. Take all the time you need as long as they are done by Monday.

Can do! Bring 'em on. I could actually use a few more billable hours this month!

bmoreswim, it's actually pretty easy to do. That took me all of 30 seconds. Just a matter of having the right tools.

Regarding ethics... Personally, I don't think ethics come in to play when color correcting. The data was in the photo, I just altered its relationship a little. Now photo retouching is another issue. Painting or drawing things not there, or obscuring things that are, for some sort of personal or financial gain, I would agree, might tax ethics. Like making your yard or pool look nicer than it is, or bigger than it is, or newer than it is, when posting pictures on a real estate site for purposes of selling it, or something like that.

Downloading your photo wasn't unethical, as anyone viewing your photo on a website is in essence downloading it to their computer. You gave us permission to do so when you posted it. And altering it on my screen, even in software other than a web browser, isn't any more unethical than would be changing the brightness on my monitor, IMO. But I was unethical in two specific ways:

One, when I uploaded it, without your permission, for my own personal gain (which was basically just to amuse you, and myself, and to show off a little, the latter being the more heinous!).

And two, hijacking this thread to explain all that! :blah:

OK, back to more, cool Reflections!

Can do! Bring 'em on. I could actually use a few more billable hours this month!

bmoreswim, it's actually pretty easy to do. That took me all of 30 seconds. Just a matter of having the right tools.

Regarding ethics... Personally, I don't think ethics come in to play when color correcting. The data was in the photo, I just altered its relationship a little. Now photo retouching is another issue. Painting or drawing things not there, or obscuring things that are, for some sort of personal or financial gain, I would agree, might tax ethics. Like making your yard or pool look nicer than it is, or bigger than it is, or newer than it is, when posting pictures on a real estate site for purposes of selling it, or something like that.

Downloading your photo wasn't unethical, as anyone viewing your photo on a website is in essence downloading it to their computer. You gave us permission to do so when you posted it. And altering it on my screen, even in software other than a web browser, isn't any more unethical than would be changing the brightness on my monitor, IMO. But I was unethical in two specific ways:

One, when I uploaded it, without your permission, for my own personal gain (which was basically just to amuse you, and myself, and to show off a little, the latter being the more heinous!).

And two, hijacking this thread to explain all that! :blah:

OK, back to more, cool Reflections!

Was that post a disclaimer? Or did you get a subpoena in the mail???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.