White flakes in pool

jaybo500

In The Industry
Aug 9, 2009
Bradenton, Florida
Hi All, Recent member who is from the Sarasota, Florida area. Have had four pools over the years and have experienced quite a few of the problems that others have described. Right now I am finding a large amount of white flakes coming into the pool. I am figuring that it must have something to do with my SWG (Auto-Pilot), not salt returning, more like calcium. Look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.

Hi can you please post a full set of test results so we can advise better?

Also a little history of the pool, how old is the pool/equipment.

You can create a signature for your specs/equip - Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature.

Welcome :wave:

Re: Little white flakes

Topics Merged by Moderator

I have asked this same question, but did not get any response. For me, the flakes are quite heavy in the pool and do not reflect the simple answer of the cell simply reversing polarity and cleaning itself. There is a large amount of flakes in the spa and pool which I can net up. They do not go away and the calcium level is within limits. No one has offered a feasible explanation. Please explain your situation. Thanks

jaybo500, there are a couple of simple tests you can do to narrow down what might be causing the flakes. The first is to put a couple of drops of muriatic acid on a flake and see if it foams up or not. If you want to explore this more, you should start your own topic and ask about it there.

jaybo500 said:
I have asked that question previously, however I got no response.

Hi jaybo500 and welcome to the forum :wave:

The response you received was to ask you to post a full set of test results. :wink:

This request is in the first article in Pool School under "Read This Before You Post".

If you will provide this info, you will get good advice and ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.