Help... what are these dang thangs called....

Apr 8, 2009
I've done some (by no means extensive) searching and simply can't find what I'm looking for, probably because I'm not sure what they're called....

I have a vinyl lined inground pool and where the return lines enter the pool there are O-rings screwed to the wall around the return openings.... what are they called ? and do they make low-profile versions as my robotic cleaner gets stuck on them (robotic cleaner is brand new purchased about a month ago and works great except for this on issue).

For now I've taken the O-ring things out of the pool (which solves the issue with the cleaner) but I'm worried that this may lead to issues with the liner pulling away from the wall or something.

thanks db.

I'm not sure what you mean by O-rings but you might be referring to what is commonly called "eyeballs". Most of them are moveable so you can redirect the returning water. Is that what your cleaner is hanging on?

IMHA0218.JPG
retune_1408.jpg

Does it look like one of these?

Or is this the part?
eyeball.jpg

If you removed the gasket(s) shown in the first pics you're asking for trouble. The gaskets need to be there to seal the liner. If it's just the eyeball like in the lower pic you can remove it.

Bama Rambler said:

it's that one.... the part with the 4 screw holes. when my robot is cleaning the water line it's track hits this part and it gets stuck.... do they make 'low-profile' versions of that part ????????????????

or any other suggestions how to solve the issues ?????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.