Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help... what are these dang thangs called....

1. Back To Top    #1

Help... what are these dang thangs called....

I've done some (by no means extensive) searching and simply can't find what I'm looking for, probably because I'm not sure what they're called....

I have a vinyl lined inground pool and where the return lines enter the pool there are O-rings screwed to the wall around the return openings.... what are they called ? and do they make low-profile versions as my robotic cleaner gets stuck on them (robotic cleaner is brand new purchased about a month ago and works great except for this on issue).

For now I've taken the O-ring things out of the pool (which solves the issue with the cleaner) but I'm worried that this may lead to issues with the liner pulling away from the wall or something.

thanks db.
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 1/2 HP pump, 24" sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help... what are these dang thangs called....

I'm not sure what you mean by O-rings but you might be referring to what is commonly called "eyeballs". Most of them are moveable so you can redirect the returning water. Is that what your cleaner is hanging on?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Does it look like one of these?

Or is this the part?

If you removed the gasket(s) shown in the first pics you're asking for trouble. The gaskets need to be there to seal the liner. If it's just the eyeball like in the lower pic you can remove it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    it's that one.... the part with the 4 screw holes. when my robot is cleaning the water line it's track hits this part and it gets stuck.... do they make 'low-profile' versions of that part ????????????????

or any other suggestions how to solve the issues ?????
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 1/2 HP pump, 24" sand filter