Maui Gem finish

Honestly, I don't know anything about this finish, but I did find their warranty info here. I have an above ground so I do not know if it is common practice for an in ground pool owner to have to document how they maintain the water for the warranty to be valid. I didn't find any other information good or bad. Hopefully one of the industry pros will have some advice for you. Good luck!

Frank R said:
I have never heard of it. It must be a location specific product. We don't use it in Florida.
Could be - I can't find any reviews on it, but I found the manufacturer's web site (Pyramid Cement):

http://pyramidcement.com/pages/mauigem_photogallery.htm

The cost wasn't outrageous. We are going with the Shark Skin color. (That's not our pool or house...)

[attachment=0:38ciinxn]SharkSkin.jpg[/attachment:38ciinxn]

Attachments

• SharkSkin.jpg
    SharkSkin.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 263
As mannaggia posted, above, Maui Gem is a branded aggregate on-site mix, available in many colors. Pyramid Cement makes this brand. There are quite a few other manufacturers of similar product, to include SGM, Florida Stucco, and CLI. All are considered excellent finishes.

In many markets, this term "Maui Gem" is used like "Xerox". Many plaster application companies have contractual agreements with specific manufacturers which offer overtly stronger warranties, because the applicators are "authorized" or "certified" by the manufacturer.

You should choose your color and feel good about Maui Gem, or any of the other major brands.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.