Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maui Gem finish

1. Back To Top    #1

Maui Gem finish

Anyone familiar with "Maui Gem" quartz finish? I can't find much information or opinions on it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Maui Gem finish

Honestly, I don't know anything about this finish, but I did find their warranty info here. I have an above ground so I do not know if it is common practice for an in ground pool owner to have to document how they maintain the water for the warranty to be valid. I didn't find any other information good or bad. Hopefully one of the industry pros will have some advice for you. Good luck!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I have never heard of it. It must be a location specific product. We don't use it in Florida.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Frank R
    I have never heard of it. It must be a location specific product. We don't use it in Florida.
    Could be - I can't find any reviews on it, but I found the manufacturer's web site (Pyramid Cement):

http://pyramidcement.com/pages/mauigem_photogallery.htm

The cost wasn't outrageous. We are going with the Shark Skin color. (That's not our pool or house...)

[attachment=0:38ciinxn]SharkSkin.jpg[/attachment:38ciinxn]
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

As mannaggia posted, above, Maui Gem is a branded aggregate on-site mix, available in many colors. Pyramid Cement makes this brand. There are quite a few other manufacturers of similar product, to include SGM, Florida Stucco, and CLI. All are considered excellent finishes.

In many markets, this term "Maui Gem" is used like "Xerox". Many plaster application companies have contractual agreements with specific manufacturers which offer overtly stronger warranties, because the applicators are "authorized" or "certified" by the manufacturer.

You should choose your color and feel good about Maui Gem, or any of the other major brands.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"