wall mount skimmer on intex pool

Jul 28, 2009
did a little research on this website and ended up installing a new filter system and added a wall mount skimmer.
The one that came with the pool that hangs over the wall just gets in the way and is ugly.
I thought up the mount to go under it and made it out of 2x6 Pt wood. It all worked out great check out the pics and tell me what you think.

P.S. pools a little dark just starting to try out BBB maintenance plan hope it works.

Attachments

• 0811091836.jpg
    0811091836.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,045
  • 0811091837.jpg
    0811091837.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 0811091837a.jpg
    0811091837a.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,039
i'm going to use the other opening that was the original returnn for a second jet just have to get a Y and redo the plumbimg. will post pics when that is finished. If i drank I think that would be a good idea.

When we had the Intex, I never used the skimmer because, like you said it was a pain in the butt and I was afraid if I was not attentive enough, the water could get low and burn up the filter.

Very, very clever!

Christine

Id suggest using the old suction line to still be a suction line, but use a valve to cut the flow down. you will get sombody (ive added a skimmer to mine also, and this WILL happen) go take a look, stick to it, and all the water drains out of the lines FAST, if you keep the old line and just have restricted flow at least you will keep some water in the pump.

I would like to put a skimmer on mine as well. I have the 24 x 52 and how would i connect the hose from the Wall skimmer to the inlet valve that is lower? I hope that is not confusing.. lol

thanks so much
brandy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You didn't have any problems with the liner ripping? I have wanted to put a wall skimmer on mine for a while but I was scared that once I cut the opening in the side of the pool that water would be too much pressure and cause the liner to rip. Did you have to do anything extra to the liner to make sure that it didn't rip? I have the 24 x 52.
Thanks!
Laura

Dale.s said:
Id suggest using the old suction line to still be a suction line, but use a valve to cut the flow down. you will get sombody (ive added a skimmer to mine also, and this WILL happen) go take a look, stick to it, and all the water drains out of the lines FAST, if you keep the old line and just have restricted flow at least you will keep some water in the pump.

Dale,
How about some pics?
We all love pics!
Thanks
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.