de in my pool!

Aug 11, 2009
Hi all!!
Why is de getting into my pool? We bought a new hayward perflex filter because de was getting into the pool from day one. The new filter did not help. I ALWAYS have lots of de all over the bottom of the pool! Any ideas?
(This is my first day on this site. What a hard time I had trying to figure out where to post a question!)
Thanks!!

Thanks for responding Kevin! I don't think it is algae tho. Every single time I use the filter, it is in the pool. The water is crystal clear. I never have an algae problem. The amount of de in the pool couldn't possibly be algae.It is in there everyday. I vacuum it up and by the end of the day it is right back in there. It's making us nuts.
I have to assume it isn't the filter, but somewhere between the filter and the pool.
Thanks again!

One thing you can do to try to figure out what is going on is to put a nylon stocking over a return and see what accumulates in it. If anything is getting through the filter, it will show up in the stocking. But if the debris is coming from outside the pool it won't show up in the stocking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.