Jul 16, 2009
i just moved into a new house with a pool...i am a new pool owner and dont know very much about the circulation system....on the pool pump there is a container that says it must be full of water in order to operate the pump...well mine is empty how do i go about filling it up?

Assuming it has a lid that you can unscrew, take it off, fill it up with a house until its overflowing, put the lid back on, and turn on the pump. My pump doesn't really need to be primed to work, even if my pump is empty, if I just turn it on it fills up immediately. But I know others have had issues with priming.

BTW - As a new pool owner, read the pool school link at the top of this forum. DON'T trust the pool store people. Everything you need to know as a new pool owner is here - It will get your pool looking perfect. I'm a new owner as well and this forum has saved me a ton of money and mistakes.

It will help us all if you could put in your info (pool size, type, pump info, filter info and location) into your signature. Click on the "User Control Panel" under the big TFP in the top right hand corner, click on profile under the Options, and click on "Edit Signature"
And a big Welcome to TFP!
:party: Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.