Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zodiac DEAD. which dolphin should I get? Or just buy a new Zodiac?

1. Back To Top    #1

Zodiac DEAD. which dolphin should I get? Or just buy a new Zodiac?

Hi guys, my Zodiac just died. The black tracks kept slipping over and over and then finally the clamp that holds the tube together just broke apart. I was meaning to eventually upgrade to a dolphin. Is that the best robot out there?

Which models do you guys suggest for a 25,000 gal inground? I want something that would be able to scrub a little too.

Also, where would be the best place to buy on the cheap?

Thanks!
    Approximately 25,000 gal + spill over spa, IG, Gunite (I think), Hayward C4025 Cartridge filter, Pentair VS 3HP 011018 Pump, Raypak 399 BTU NG Heater, TF-100 Testing Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Zodiac DEAD. which dolphin should I get? Or just buy a new Zodiac?

Dolphins arenít cheap, as you request, but Marina Pool and Spa by phone is a good choice and they are the best choice of robots.

For refurbís you can try poolpartz.com. Thatís what I did.

Iíd recommend frankly either the S or M series. The S series has many twins as well. Some may say the S is not as suited for large pools but ours is 27K and itís fine. Goes top to bottom side to side. A longer cycle might be nice but two hours is fine unless itís really dirty.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Dolphins aren’t cheap, as you request, but Marina Pool and Spa by phone is a good choice and they are the best choice of robots.

For refurb’s you can try poolpartz.com. That’s what I did.

I’d recommend frankly either the S or M series. The S series has many twins as well. Some may say the S is not as suited for large pools but ours is 27K and it’s fine. Goes top to bottom side to side. A longer cycle might be nice but two hours is fine unless it’s really dirty.
    Thanks!

I Just talked with the guys at poolpartz.com. Great knowledgeable people! They have a refurb M400 for $999. What do you think? Its 2017 model. Is it worth it? Anything the new models have that I will miss not having?
    Approximately 25,000 gal + spill over spa, IG, Gunite (I think), Hayward C4025 Cartridge filter, Pentair VS 3HP 011018 Pump, Raypak 399 BTU NG Heater, TF-100 Testing Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

The M Series thread has a comment that the refurb price on that model currently is not competitive with a new one from Marina.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just paid 999 for m400 new at marina. So a refurbished one for the same price may not be a great deal.....
    15000 Gallons In ground, Ecofinish, sand filter, Pentair intelliflo VS, SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by eric99gt View Post
    Just paid 999 for m400 new at marina. So a refurbished one for the same price may not be a great deal.....
    Roger that, I'm buying the new one from Marina today!

Thanks!