Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair CVA-24T Valve Actuator Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair CVA-24T Valve Actuator Issue

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, but I've always used this board as a resource for my own pool maintenance, and never needed to actually post a question. But now . . .

I noticed my valve actuator kept rotating and not stopping at the usual spot. After I read a few threads, I assumed it was a bad micro switch that didn't stop the motor when the valve was supposed to stop.

However, I noticed that the switches actually work, it's just that the switch actuator (a plastic black lever) that is supposed physically depress the switch was not compressing the switch far enough to activate it.

Does anyone else have this issue? Do I need to replace the switch actuator or is it the problem with the shaft of the valve that does not seem to push the switch actuator far enough? I did notice some grease on the switch actuator that oozed upward from the valve shaft. For a temporary fix, I just wrapped some tape on the switch actuator so when the shaft contacts that portion, it pushes the actuator a bit further to stop the valve.

Thanks for any help!

Lauren
    In ground, 15k gallon gunnite pool, with spa/spillway. Pentair variable speed Intelliflo Pump, Intellichlor IC20 chlorinator, Intellitouch controller with wireless remote, Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, CVA-24T actuators (x2), Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter and an Inter-Fab Adrenaline Pool Slide.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair CVA-24T Valve Actuator Issue

It does sound like it has wore just enough to not catch. I would try giving them a call to see about getting the parts to repair it. This will also give you a bump to get it in front of more eyes.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

These are standard pool valve actuators that have been around for a long time. The micro-switches are prone to failure and easily replaced for about $2/switch. The molded plastic parts can be a bit more expensive as they are typically available online from pool retailers and can be found locally sometimes at pool stores. If you search for CVA-24 rebuild kits, you’ll probably find the parts you are looking for.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. I’ll give them a call on Monday if I get around to it. I’ll also price out rebuild kits. My trusty tape has been working, but I’m sure it won’t be long before it fails.

Thanks again
    In ground, 15k gallon gunnite pool, with spa/spillway. Pentair variable speed Intelliflo Pump, Intellichlor IC20 chlorinator, Intellitouch controller with wireless remote, Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, CVA-24T actuators (x2), Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter and an Inter-Fab Adrenaline Pool Slide.

5. Back To Top    #5

Does anyone on forum have a 3d printer? $51 rebuild kit for 2 micro switch and 2 plastic arms is a bit much.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8