Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post up pics of your cantilever umbrellas

1. Back To Top    #1

Post up pics of your cantilever umbrellas

Trying to find one that will work for me!
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Post up pics of your cantilever umbrellas

Thanks for starting this thread. Very timely for me!
    IG fiberglass 16X36. 14,600 gal. Heyward Pro Series S270T sand filter, Hayward Super pump 1.5 hp, Aquarite T-3 SWG, and Hayward H200FD propane heater. Two Treo LED lights by SR Smith. Two returns, one skimmer. Tftestkit TF-100 water kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I was looking at this yesterday at Home Depot. You can't beat the price at $300! Lights are very cool and umbrella seems really sturdy. Opening and closing is easy one finger.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...CAFE/300223326

29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

4. Back To Top    #4

I just got an 11 foot one from Lowes. 298 bucks. It is too cold and cloudy to go outside right now for a pic. The umbrella is great! Easy to operate, spins on a cast iron bearing mechanism. It's been up for a couple of weeks and we've hid from the sun under it a couple of times already. Very happy so far.

This one, Shop Simply Shade Cantilever Umbrella Tan Offset Pre-lit 11-ft Patio Umbrella with Base at Lowes.com

umbrella.jpg
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Post up pics of your cantilever umbrellas

I got this last year. VERY good quality.

https://www.costco.com/11&#39;-LED-Solar...100291754.html

17k gal rectangle IG Gunite, 2 bubblers in sun shelf, 1 skimmer, 2 main drains, 3 returns, Jandy filter 340 cartridge, Jandy 2.0 vs, SWG, Quartz finish, In-line pool cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

We are looking at getting a couple of the same umbrellas. They look really good.
    19,000G IG | French Grey Plaster | 3ft Wide Waterfall | Pentair CCP420 Clean & Clear Filter | Pentair 3.0hp Intelliflo VSF Pump | 2 x Melody Sol LEDs | Pentair Ultratemp Heat and Cooling 140k/80K | Pentair Easytouch PS4 | Del Eclipse 20 | Taylor K-2006-C

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Off topic? I like the idea of the shade not having a pole running through the middle of it, but I have some wind issues here so I used a shade sail instead. Nothing on the deck, everything overhead, completely wind-proof. I happened to have the three anchor points it needed...

From this company:

https://shadesails.com
    12300 gallon IG pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, IntellipH, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

8. Back To Top    #8

Got this from overstock. Works great. And this is the best base I've used. Overstock usually has coupons

27K plaster, Emerson 1081 Pool Motor 1.0 HP S.F. 1.40 rpm, Hayward Proseries S-244T Sand Filter, Taylor Test Kit k2006

9. Back To Top    #9

We purchased that model last year from Home Depot and we LOVE it! Good quality, easy assembly and well worth the $300!

Umbrella - Google Photos

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGate View Post
    I was looking at this yesterday at Home Depot. You can't beat the price at $300! Lights are very cool and umbrella seems really sturdy. Opening and closing is easy one finger.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...CAFE/300223326

Last edited by steve1staf; 04-04-2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added pic
    Steve
    IG 10K gallons, installed 2017, Vinyl Liner, Hayward SwimClear c3030, Hayward Super Pump VS SP2603VSP, Hayward Universal H-Series Heater H250FDN, Hayward inline feeder Stenner Pump 45MPHP10 w/ 15 gallon tank and WION timer
    Test Kit Taylor K-2006 w/ Speedstir

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

+1 on the sun sail, in my avatar pic
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" Filled to 40-45", 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

11. Back To Top    #11

We went with the 13’ from Treasure Garden in Pacific Blue, it’s huge and awesome.
    https://www.patioliving.com/treasure...-shade-exakz13

Salty
    20X40 30,000 gal. Vinyl, AquaPlus Automation w/ T-15 SWG & AquaConnect, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, ProSeries S310T2 Filter, H Series 400FDN Heater, Sense/Dispense with Stenner Pump, ColorLogic X 3, TigerShark RC990, ​Borates, TF-100 test kit, K-1766 & Speed Stir Finally done! Well Almost

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
    We went with the 13’ from Treasure Garden in Pacific Blue, it’s huge and awesome.
    https://www.patioliving.com/treasure...-shade-exakz13

Salty
    I have this one and it is awesome. Got it used for like half price and it was in excellent condition. This year the cord got hung up in a storm and had to cut it to keep my house from blowing away (lol). It was a real pain replacing it once I found the parts online. Not a one man job...
    25,0000 Gal, IG, Kidney/IG Hottub, Crystal Stone Smooth - Carribean Blue, . Pentair EasyTouch 8, Pentair ScreenLogic2, Intelliflo VS 3HP (011018), Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater, Maytronics Active 30I

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

14. Back To Top    #14

Pooldv, is that umbrella next to the pool sitting in a stand I can’t see in the pic, or did you sleeve the ground an install it directly?
    If directly, how did you go about it?

I like the way that looks and gives me some ideas for my yard. Thanks.

~Rob
    ~Rob
    11,000 gallon in ground plaster pebbletech finish. Hayward Tristar VS, Hayward Swimclear, and Hayward Aquanaut 200 pool vac, K-2006 Kit, Speedstir.
    FC/CYA Chart-Finding a suction side air leak>https://youtu.be/eweIDTnJCUw

15. Back To Top    #15

We got the same umbrella as Uncle Salty, it is awesome.
    Rick, Fiberglass.....14 x 30 Viking Laguna - 10,000 gal. Pentair cartridge filter, gas heater, Swg, variable speed pump, Easytouch control system.
    k2006c, k1766

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

pooldv, what a beautiful pool! And such a beautiful setting in which to have it!!
    12300 gallon IG pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, IntellipH, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thankya!

Here's what's happening with the base.

20180529_164451.jpg

20180529_164433.jpg
    TFP Moderator

18. Back To Top    #18

Here's mine. Lowe's for $298. 😀 Love that it already has the build in lights. And since it's on the deck in a corner, I don't even use the weighted base. The umbrella post is bolted directly to reinforced joists under the area where it mounts.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

19. Back To Top    #19

Got this from AtHome for 79$. Quality is decent but great for price. At 10% or less of the high end models, this has lasted 3 years and we figured on replacing every few years at a fraction of expensive models. Looks like same one coachhim posted. I don't like the base and rigged the bucket with 180lbs of concrete and the base screwed into that. This allows us to move it and it's not a tripping hazard.
    20180529_193813.jpg
    28,000 gallon in-ground, 10' Dolphin slide, waterfall and spa. Year round. black marble Pebble Tec; jandy DEV60 Filter; Jandy JEP 2.0; Jandy FHPM 2.0 2 spd pump| iaqualink 2.0| 2 Jandy WaterColors LED Large, 1 Jandy WaterColors Small | Jandy LRZ NG Heater; Polaris QT spa blower, Dolphin Premier Cleaner; Rainbow Lifeguard 320 chlorinator; Nature2 (removed minerals)| Construction- Time Lapse: Swimming Pool Construction - YouTube

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Thankya!

Here's what's happening with the base.

20180529_164451.jpg

20180529_164433.jpg
    Ahhhh, a little tom-foolery going on.

From the other pictures, it looks like the pole is coming straight out of the ground.

I’d like to find a cantilever umbrella that will fit in the standard umbrella sleeves we already have. I have 2 sleeves that are for the volleyball net that would be perfect for umbrellas out over the pool.
    ~Rob
    11,000 gallon in ground plaster pebbletech finish. Hayward Tristar VS, Hayward Swimclear, and Hayward Aquanaut 200 pool vac, K-2006 Kit, Speedstir.
    FC/CYA Chart-Finding a suction side air leak>https://youtu.be/eweIDTnJCUw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast