Pool Rover Jr. just Died -- Can Anyone Help?

This morning when we put the pool rover jr. into our above ground pool and turned it on, it started, rolled a couple of feet and then died. I checked the power to make sure the power was on and I also reset it, but nothing worked.

Can anyone tell me what I should look for in regards to replacement parts? I don't even know what part of it isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I bought it last year in April or May, so I think the warranty is no longer any good. I love this thing. I hope I can get it fixed.

hey TJ...if I recall correctly I think there is a fuse in the yellow control module...little round black screw cap I think...maybe I'm just imagining it, but that would be the first thing to check.

Your definately getting power to you outlet right?

Second option would be to call the manufacturer...If I recall correctly they do have a repair service.

The last option I can think of is that I picked mine up at Namco/Branch Brook in September of last year as a refurbished model for $149. Not sure if you have any of these stores around, but I am hoping the have a similar sale this year so I can pick up a spare. We absolutely love our rover as well. Good luck

dmanb2b,

Hi. Thanks for the very quick and speedy reply. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I'm at work and won't be able to check until tonight. I'm going to see if maybe the circuit breaker popped? Maybe some water got near the electric outlet and it popped? I'm hoping that is the problem. If not, I will try all your suggestions. I don't have a Namco by me -- at least I don't think so, but I can do a search and see. The other thing I might try if all else fails it to bring it back to Costco. I bought it there and they have a really good return policy. I don't want to return it though, I just want to replace it.

Thanks again and I will let you know what I find. Have a great day!

dmanb2b,

You hit it right on the mark! I wasn't getting any power to my outlet. Something happened to the outlet and it's not working at all. I had to run an outdoor electrical extension cord to get the pump working, so I guess I will now have to clal the electrician. I tried the circuit breaker in the basement, but none of them are tripped, so I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks so much. My Pool Rover Jr. is just fine!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.