Need new liner advice in KCMO area

sgtdvldog

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Blue Springs, MO
I just bought the house at the end of May. My pool is 24' round AG. I have some holes that I've patched and the patching has come off and the holes are bigger. The holes are around the water line. I am planning on replacing the liner, instead of patching and repatching all the time. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a reputable installer in the KCMO area?
2. When is the best time to replace the liner spring/fall?
3. What questions should I ask when looking for an installer?
4. How do they normally fill/drain the water?
5. What are the steps once the liner is replaced concerning balancing the water?
6. How can I stop the holes from happening again around the water line?

I have looked and if these questions are elsewhere, tell me where to look and I'll read.

1Ask for references or to see other jobs 2 I'd say early spring before companies get busy with openings
3 ask about J channel and inground material if you can afford it
4 filled usually by tap unless on a well then maybe by truck.. Drained usually with submersible pump
5 just test and balance but you'll need need stabalizer with a fresh fill
6 keep sharp toys out of the pool. Always use ladder to avoid toenail holes. Algae can damage vinyl's elasticity. Periodically clean the water level with a pool water line cleaning product. UV light can damage vinyl as well as acidic water. Don't let solar covers hang over the vinyl as it heats up the vinyl above the water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.