What about floc?

Jerry

Aug 10, 2009
New Orleans
I have a bottle of floc from last summer that was sold me by the pool store for black wall algea that would not brush off.
I drained the pool and powerwashed instead.

I now have a light geen algea forming on the walls and bottom that brushes off.
How does floc liquid fit in with BBB?

Floc can speed up the process of clearing the water after the algae is all dead, but it is useless when you still have live algae. Overall, I don't recommend floc because it doesn't always work and it can be a lot of trouble to vacuum debris to waste when it does work.

After algae is dead it takes about 3 days to floc and vacuum to waste (add floc, turn off pump 24 hour to let everything settle, vacuum to waste,filter a few hours, turn off pump. let rest settle since first time stirs a lot of it up and vacuum again) if everything goes right (it often doesn't and you have to let the pool settle with the pump off an additional day.)
to clear out dead algae with a properly sized, working filter takes about 3-4 days. If the filter is undersized then adding a filter aid can help (DE in a sand filter, Cellusose Fiber in a Cart. If a DE filter isn't clearing the pool it's broke!)

Jerry said:

Your problem is algae, not the floc.

You need to shock your pool, something you do not something you add-see pool school

before you start to shock find out your CYA level, you may need to drain some water

post a current set of test results

Your original question has been answered but your question really does not address your problem, growing algae

Bob_Funk said:
Jerry said:

Your problem is algae, not the floc.

You need to shock your pool, something you do not something you add-see pool school

before you start to shock find out your CYA level, you may need to drain some water

post a current set of test results

Your original question has been answered but your question really does not address your problem, growing algae
The CYA is 30 today...the green algea is clearing up slowly....PH and Alkalinity are high...I ran the pump all night....
I have a return line leak under the cement decking (getting it detected next week)
....I'm adding about 200+ gals. per day running a 8 hr cycle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.